I hate waiting on deliveries

Soldato
Dont know f you guys are as sad as me,

but i have on order the lian li s80, the asus p5w dh and the scythe cooler.
all being delivered tomorrow.

But i hate waiting on deliveres.

i always think the worst, the van will break down. It'll all get nicked or the guy will drop it as he carries upto my door lol

As soon as a i hear the sound of a truck/van/car within 3 miles of my house im at the windows lol, is it my new toys arriving.

To top it off mate has just called to say the p/o tried to deliver my k800i from orange but as no one was in i need to collect it, so i have to wait for the new toys before going to get the phone lol.

Man of Honour
I hate not being able to wait on deliveries, and knowing that it's not going to be there when I get home, and that I'll have to go to the damn depot tomorrow morning to get it.

Soldato
yea it was like christmas when ocuk delivered my bundle of goodies 3 month's back i couldnt contain my self :D

Zefan said:
I hate not being able to wait on deliveries, and knowing that it's not going to be there when I get home, and that I'll have to go to the damn depot tomorrow morning to get it.

yea frustrating as hell :mad:

Soldato
i cant stand waiting for something as simple as a cable lol

god knows what its going to be like in 2-3 months when i order about 20 parts for an entire new pc :| ill probably go mad waiting then pass out with excitement when it gets here :p

Associate
I'm the same. There's a 2GB SanDisk UltraII for my camera on the way to me right now. I'm going to be furious if it doesn't turn up tomorrow in time for the Fairford airshow. How the hell will I get by with my existing paltry 1GB, 512KB, and 128KB cards???? That's only, like 600 pictures or something!

:mad:

Associate
I'm exactly the same. When I go to bed day before the goods are due, I wake up really early automatically and can't get back to sleep, but I then decide I have to stay up just in case the delivery comes early and I might miss the guy.

Associate
Im about to order a new conroe setup (entire box basically) and new monitor. As always i will be excited all day until it gets here :rolleyes:

I`m 21 now and it hasnt changed since i was 12, so i dont think i will ever be able to be calm!!

Caporegime
aye i hate waiting for it aswell, when i originally ordered my black widow case a couple of years back and the amtrak van pulled up stopped i saw the guy scratch his head then drive on i legged it out the house and practically dived infront of the van :p needless to say he was abit shocked and that's when i officially got classified as a geek :D and i'm still proud to be one :cool:

Associate
The thing I hate is when you get something saying it'll be delivered between 8am and 6pm. So you get up early and spend most of the day staring out of the window just in case you miss the van. You're reluctant to go to the toilet or pop down to the shop, just in case. It's psychological torture!

Now, surely once the van has been packed, the driver is given a route to follow (rather than guessing where he has to be) in order to minimise the distance / time taken for delivery. So why in this day and age can't that information be made available so that we have an idea about what point in the route our delivery is likely to be?

And why aren't there more companies willing to provide a Saturday delivery service? I would have thought this would be a very popular delivery option (even with a charge) as most people are at work during normal delivery times. Maybe it just isn't profitable... :(

Soldato
I usually cant sleep the night before because I'm excited, then cant get up in the morning as I'm zombified. So then the guy knocks on the door like the god dam powlice and i have to run down stairs like a headless chicken and stand there swaying about trying to open my eyes properly.

If I'm out they always take it to a neighbor, or if not i ring them and get it re delivered.

Mark

Soldato
I had a pair of shoes delivered on Wednesday i expected them to arrive before i left for work at half 10 but they didn't i arrived home at 10pm to find that the nice delivery man had posted a little note through my door saying he'd left them under our red recycling box at the side of the house.

Associate
Blackstar said:
to find that the nice delivery man had posted a little note through my door saying he'd left them under our red recycling box at the side of the house.
Nice of him, but I don't know if I would be happy or annoyed at that. They could still get nicked. Well anything left outside in my neck of the woods wouldn't stick around for long ;)

Soldato
Heh, I'll never forget the feeling when I was at College one breaktime and logged onto the Fedex website to check if a guitar I'd been saving up for for 6 months had arrived (From the US) when it said 'Delivered and Signed for' I skipped home with glee! (Like an idiot). The rest of my College lessons for that day kinda went down the drain :o :D

I get dead excited waiting for stuff! I was in waiting about 6hrs on the day my Sammy HD LCD was supposed to arrive, that was like torture.

Soldato
PikeyPriest said:
Im about to order a new conroe setup (entire box basically) and new monitor. As always i will be excited all day until it gets here :rolleyes:

I`m 21 now and it hasnt changed since i was 12, so i dont think i will ever be able to be calm!!
ROFL, all us geeks are the same mate :D

Blackstar said:
I had a pair of shoes delivered on Wednesday i expected them to arrive before i left for work at half 10 but they didn't i arrived home at 10pm to find that the nice delivery man had posted a little note through my door saying he'd left them under our red recycling box at the side of the house.
I had a Dinovo set up worth £150 left brand new in the outside loo unlocked :eek:

I was miffed but I left it at that.

Soldato
*pulls chair guitar and amp into front window - plays and waits for van*

as soon as i see it coming up the road i go outside and sit on the front post of my house like a chav and then usually help the guy take it from his van.

we get the same delivery guy every time from each respective company, so they all know me by now :D

big kid right here :D

Back
Top Bottom