Is this needed or too aggressive?

Soldato
I just saw on the news how a guy in Hertfordshire who has been served with an asbo now have his face on the local bus. The "ad" urges people to be on the look out for him and should report him if he steps out of line.

According to the news, he has a string of offences which include Car theft, alcholic offences, crime offences etc.

Some of the locals interviewed says he deserves it while other think it is a step too far.
It was also reported, the ad of a yob scheme is being tried out, if sucessful we will see similar scheme around us all over the country.

On this issue i am sitting on the fence, but i will like to see what you think.

PS
It was on the bbc, i cant find the link but if anyone can point in the direction or post one then feel free thanks.

LINK NOW ADDED (thanks to borris)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/5181032.stm

Last edited:
Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
And encourage morons who think they are above the law to dish out their own justice.. great.

Who said that would happen?

Im sure he posted saying if they are stepping out of line and everyone knows their face they will be reported

Is that not a good thing?

Associate
[TW]Fox said:
And encourage morons who think they are above the law to dish out their own justice.. great.
The current justice system makes me puke in my mouth. My poor grandma and my mam have had far too much trouble with trouble makers in our streets getting away with murder, even when the police are on the scene they do nothing. They move them along for them to come back and throw more eggs at our windows.

If the law doesn't do anything about it then something like this is what we need. If I was able to paste big posters of the little ***** on my house and car I would!

marcus25 said:
if he has comitted all these crimes then stick him in jail
This, however, is a better idea.

Last edited:
Soldato
marcus25 said:
thats just rediculous!

if he has comitted all these crimes then stick him in jail, thats where he belongs, not out on the street

Exactly! If they know about him then why the hell is he still on the streets!

Soldato
Unfortunately to me it seems like the system has given up on ever punishing people properly. Now these thugs and criminals are supposed to be "shamed" into reforming! Why don't the authorities realise that it's the rest of us they should be concerned with, and to that end the guy doesn't deserve to remain in our society. He should be locked away for a long custodial term and if he does anything wrong ever again, the next jail term is double the first and so on. Additionally, they should be forced to work for their living in jail. Why the hell should the rest of us pay for this type of rubbish?

Associate
I think it’s a bad idea. It reminds me of long outdated (or in some middle east countries still current) criminal punishments of marking people permanently by branding, or cutting off hands etc. I think that as a society, we should have evolved on from that sort of thing. I also think we should be trying to get criminals to reform, which I don’t see happening if you plaster big pictures of them on buses saying “criminal”.

Man of Honour
G|mp said:
Who said that would happen?

The fact we live in the UK, a country in which people live who are SO stupid that a gang would hound a CONSULTANT PEADATRIC doctor during the height of that News of the World Peadophile thing a few years ago.

Associate
ElRazur said:

Whole heartedly agree with the proposal, everyone will know what the little scumbags look like and will alert the appropriate people when they step out of line which they will undoubtedly do becuase they can do what they like, there is no or little deterrant.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
The fact we live in the UK, a country in which people live who are SO stupid that a gang would hound a CONSULTANT PEADATRIC doctor during the height of that News of the World Peadophile thing a few years ago.

You can't take News Of The World readers as an indication of the British population!

On second thoughts, maybe you can these days. Lord knows I love this country, but my God I hate some of the people living in it.....

Soldato
If I trusted our government I would say it is a good idea. Perhaps I just dont trust the legitimacy of the people who wish to impose such a punishment, despite the fact that I think it is a potentially good idea.

Back
Top Bottom