What settings should i change

Caporegime
OP
clocks.jpg

Cpc only had duisable\enable option so its now on enabled. Ram down to 133 though.

Last edited:
Associate
2T is ~1/2 as fast as 1T so leave CPC enabled

it's the number of clock-cycles used to issue a command to RAM.

Run 1T if you can, I've not seen a great increase in Clock speeds with lowering to 2T, and the performance increase is seriously noticable running 1T.

What RAM do you have? I'd find out what the Manufacturer says it'll do and then manually set all the Timings to that..

The Auto (SPD) timings are usually set slower, to guarantee bootability, so if you tweak 'em to as tight as you can (adding a little voltage can help, depends on the RAM) then thats a good start, however, be perpared for lots of BIOS resets (know where that jumper on you're MoBo is -called CMOS reset usually) I'd recoment starting with somthing like 3,3,3,8 1T and tighten from there..

Throw us your RAM type and MoBo (looks like DFI from the BIOS) and i'll look it up for ya :)

Last edited:
Associate
Nice :)

Well, you should be able to hit 250Mhz FSB -MINIMUM- with 3,4,4,8 1T timings, as thats what G.Skill sell it as - if it won't do that then RMA it. Simple.

I'd say that you could be looking at 260-270 FSB with those timings, if you add a little voltage (up to about 2.9 or 3v) just make sure the airflow in your case is enough to stop the ram getting stroppy with the heat (a Fan over the RAM helps if you go for over 2.9v). Though the 2Gb kits haven't got too good a set of reviews..

All these FSB's are with no dividers - MoBo set to DDR200 (or DDR400 if it doubles it for you)

drop that value to DDR333 or DDR166 depending on what your MoBo calls it and voila! you've got a memory divider and you can ramp up the FSB more..

What else?...

Well, if you loosen the timings to say 4,4,4,10 you could squeeze a few more Mhz out of your RAM (up to 270-290 depending on the RAM and processor).

Have a fiddle, and try to find a sweet spot, a good example is my system

A64 3000+
1Gb Corsair XMS Pro

Running at 300Mhz FSB with divider set to 333 (RAM = CPU/11)
so CPU at 2.7Ghz and Ram at 245Mhz, 2.5,2,3,6, 1T

Vcore at 1.52v and VRAM at 3.2v

I can run my processor all the way up to 3.1Ghz (only 3Ghz prime stable though), but i have to ramp on a higher divider to do so, and hence the RAM gets strangled a bit- so I find the the 2.7/245 comprimise is agood one.

Have a fiddle! (and if you blow anything up... well... :( )

Last edited:
Soldato
oddly enough a lot of the gskill zx/hz stuff prefers LOWER voltages so don't discount knocking of 0.1v in a hunt for stability, if it doesn't work then it doesn't work but I remember when I was in the process of buying some a lot of people were talking about them being unstable at 2.6v but happy at 2.3/4

Mine topped out at about 265 3-4-4-8 but I didn't try any other timings to go further.

Back
Top Bottom