Somethings using all my processing power

Associate
Not quite sure where to put this, so decided may as well be here.

Since today (as far as I am aware) my PC at mimimum activity (only messenger and a browers) is running at 68-100% CPU usage and i have no idea why. explorer.exe is using 50% of the cpu, sounds like some kind of virus to me but I can't find anything.

Don't really know what to do, any advice, suggestions??

Soldato
Should probably be in general hardware btw.

But yeah, I'm not sure. Possibly a virus, possibly a program has broken. Adobe reader makes my pc chuggy sometimes.. maybe its something like that?

Associate
KingOfAquitaine said:
Like I say, nothing else is running (well apart from the usage monitoring program), doing anything causes a huge spike in use to 100%, usually runs at almost 0%

Bit worried really

check to make sure its not a duplicate, ie- theres another explorer.exe on there, the real one, and this is a fake ername bit of spyware or something, close it and if windows breaks then its probably the real one :p

Bes

Bes

Soldato
KingOfAquitaine said:
Not quite sure where to put this, so decided may as well be here.

Since today (as far as I am aware) my PC at mimimum activity (only messenger and a browers) is running at 68-100% CPU usage and i have no idea why. explorer.exe is using 50% of the cpu, sounds like some kind of virus to me but I can't find anything.

Don't really know what to do, any advice, suggestions??
CTRL ALT Delete- Processes- sort by CPU % :)

Soldato
KingOfAquitaine said:
Only thing apparenytly running is explorer, and ending that makes the desk top disappear ^^

End it, then go to File-New Task

And type in explorer

Your desktop will come back and then see if it continues to take up so much resources.

Back
Top Bottom