Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D AF Lens opinions....

Associate
What's your thoughts on this lens? It will initially be for a wedding at the start of September, but I'm mainly looking forward to using it in anger on general subjects. It will be complementing my 18-55mm D50 kit lens, and a 70-300mm lens.

Anyone got one, or a similar equivalent?

Associate
DO IT!!!!! :D Seriously best value lens in the world! When I shot my sisters wedding my 50mm stayed on the camera for 90% of the shots. Dont like to start a war but the Nikon 1.8 50 has build quality miles better than the Canon. Friend of mine has the Canon and while its sharp, it looks like its made from lego! :p

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Joe T said:
Good sharp cheap lens. 50mm on a 1.6 crop isnt all that useful tho. Its kind of in between the main useful focal lengths.

not sure about the 1.6 crop thinger...but i'd agree that the focal length isn't ideal. it is a good cheap lens though. very useful for low light if you've got a lot of space to move around

Associate
Wile E. Coyote said:
Was also considering this lens for my D50, just keeps croping up in the forums. Is it really as good as as everyone says it is?

It's a Nikon f1.8 prime for under a hundred pounds! Fill your boots!

Associate
I've got the 1.8 and I love the photos I get with it. Its great for people.
I would say ideal, but actually 50mm on a DSLR means you have to get a little closer to people (right in their face) to get the shot sometimes.

Man of Honour
MichaelG said:
I've got the 1.8 and I love the photos I get with it. Its great for people.
I would say ideal, but actually 50mm on a DSLR means you have to get a little closer to people (right in their face) to get the shot sometimes.

well, depends on the subject, I'd like the 28mm prime too as i find 50mm to be not wide enough on occassion. though i have a 17-55 f2.8, so it'd kinda be a waste

Back
Top Bottom