There's a bug wandering round in my TFT!

Soldato
<3 my bug zapper. Went to the local hardware store to buy fly paper, but got tempted into buying a bug zapper like the ones they have in food stores.

Zzzzzzzzap, there goes another thunderfly that wont be crawling into my monitor :)

Soldato
Had these in the dells at work many times. Funny thing is is that if you move the mouse pointer to them they actually run away from it, to the extent you can ferry them to the sie of the screen. This has provided much in office hilarity on the oddd occassion it occurs :)

Soldato
pinkaardvark said:
Had these in the dells at work many times. Funny thing is is that if you move the mouse pointer to them they actually run away from it, to the extent you can ferry them to the sie of the screen. This has provided much in office hilarity on the oddd occassion it occurs :)
lol... i love to do that

Soldato
I came in tonight to find another 3 crawling behind my monitor tonight to make a total of 4. All small storm flies. Have I been unlucky or is this monitor not sealed or not built properly (yet to be swapped).

Obviously I don't want my new one to suffer the same problem as well. What can I do?

Permabanned
Little......

K how about taping neatly around the edge? Where the gaps are?
And for now, entice them out with a bright light next to your monitor, whilst your monitor is off.

Associate
I've mailed Samsung regarding the bugs in mine - they are inside the tft and not behind any glass etc. Hopefully its covered by the 3yr on-site warranty.
But it would appear they don't make the 913b anymore according to their website.

Soldato
Has anyone had any luck with these indoor portable bug zappers? There's a decent looking one on Amazon for about £30 which says it works up to 3m. I'm tempted to place one of these on the desk behind the monitors to lure the little blighters away from the tfts.

Associate
I think all those people with roaming bugs in their TFT's should use a dead pixel fixer and run the software beneath the bug so it sends it into an epileptic fit and will hopefully (eventually) make the bug fall to the bottom of the screen... :p

Soldato
Just got 2 in my NEC 20WGX2 which is brand new, less then a month old! :(

There both dead ill be calling NEC to see what they say.

There both between the film and the backlight. Even if they dont cover bugs, it should come under dead pixals. Each bug takes up about 8 pixals in 1 block. One of them takes up about 12 because he is diagonal.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

LMFAO @ the "screenshot dead pixel" thread w/ djohn :D

...... as for the bugs; nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure ;)

Back
Top Bottom