system shock 2 what a game i missed

Soldato
After reading the latest pcgamer mag which was talking about system shocks villian shodan it made me really want to play the game so i dl the demo and omg its amazing i really want this game the story has me gripped.
Ive never played any of them before and would like to own them but it looks like there gone for ever :(

Soldato
It was a proper scary game - the atosphere and tension made it scary, it didn't rely on the "Boo!" aspect all the time, ala Doom3.

However I do not wish for a remake - because with modern graphics, sounds and lighting it'll probably be too scary for little ol' me :p

Soldato
rgzcampbell said:
Brilliant game, like everyone says get the Hi res packs etc.
BTW cheers for the game rob43 ;)

No probs mate ;) Sounds like you enjoyed it,does sound good with the hi-res packs etc.
Don't think i'll ever forget playing this game.

Rob

Last edited:
Caporegime
The voice acting is one the thing that really makes the game. The recordings are really creepy and haunting... you really get the feeling that something truly awful happened.

"They say it will make a better me... of me..."

*me poops pants*

Man of Honour
Played this a year or two ago and was rather disappointed - it's showing it's age (even with the textures update, and a modified config file to make it run at 1600x1200) and isn't a patch on Deus Ex IMO.

Ahead of it's time, yes, but that doesn't mean that 7 years later it can still hold it's own.

Soldato
I wish I could get into this game. I have a copy but for some reason I just can't get into it. Maybe I'm just to used to modern games that hold your hand as you play. I think I just get slightly frustrated by not knowing quite where to go and it seems monsters spawn periodically when you're wondering around aimlessly. And they keep killing me :(

Maybe I'll try some of these high-def things, might make it a bit easier to get into.

Back
Top Bottom