asus 2ms TFT - DROOL!

Associate
asus2ms.jpg

http://uk.theinquirer.net/?article=33005

Man of Honour
I have to admit, that does look nice. Only two things wrong with it though.

1. It's made by Asus. Had a bad experience with an Asus graphics card.

2. It's a TFT. Still prefer my 21" Sony Trinitron.

It's getting there though. Not sure that i would want 2.1 speakers in a monitor either.

Permabanned
PinkFloyd said:
Ahwell, they've just priced themselves out of the market.....

Urm, when you consider it has a 2.1 speaker system built in. And the quality of the design (I think it was deisgned by ferrari or something?) the price is not that bad.

You still have to find out what panel they are using, also the aluminium base and glossy panel AND the 3 megapixel camera built in, it is really not that bad.

If it has the same panel as the VP30 (P-MVA) I would think the price is quite good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wheaty said:
Urm, when you consider it has a 2.1 speaker system built in. And the quality of the design (I think it was deisgned by ferrari or something?) the price is not that bad.

You still have to find out what panel they are using, also the aluminium base and glossy panel AND the 3 megapixel camera built in, it is really not that bad.

If it has the same panel as the VP30 (P-MVA) I would think the price is quite good.

Bet the speakers still sound shoddy, won't appeal to anyone because of that.
The design looks pretty good, but we're yet to see what the build quality is like.
Didn't realise it had a camera. :p

Permabanned
PinkFloyd said:
Bet the speakers still sound shoddy, won't appeal to anyone because of that.
The design looks pretty good, but we're yet to see what the build quality is like.
Didn't realise it had a camera. :p

The might do, but because they say 2.1 rather than "speakers" I think they may be good.

The build quality will be good, some user reviews on [H]ardforum said that its stunning.

The camera is great for MSN, and keeps your desk unclutterd.

The design is brilliant, full egronomic panel movement and an aluminium stand is just beautiful
:D

Permabanned
BubbySoup said:
Isn't 4:3 dead yet? :p

why would it be ? i cant stand wide screen and im not the only one.

Mikesoft said:
That design is horrible lol

and i thought i was the only one who thought that...

looks great for a nuclear power stations control panel, utter crap for a nice desk environment. and if it was designed by ferrari then the only thing i want to do with it is burn it...

also if i want good speakers, i will buy the buggers seperatly. the sub`s a wate of desk space.

as for the "2ms" claim, the problem with that is that every blooming manufacturer measures the refresh rate differently, there is no set standard and as such what is 2ms for one company could be 10ms for another if you catch my drift.

no to mention the fact that a 2ms screen would be fairly pointless anyway.

Last edited:
Caporegime
pastymuncher said:
I have to admit, that does look nice. Only two things wrong with it though.

1. It's made by Asus. Had a bad experience with an Asus graphics card.

I had a bad experience with Nvidia on.ce... I don't hate their entire product range though. :)

2. It's a TFT. Still prefer my 21" Sony Trinitron.

Hehe then you haven't seen the right TFT in action. I used to be a die-hared CRT fanatic until I got my NEC 20.1". :D

Caporegime
i think it looks gorgeous, and if its 2ms, got a 2.1 speaker system, and a 3 megapixel camera all built in then for £280 thats fantastic, i rememeber i paid over £300 for my 17 inch vx724 which is 3ms and that was about 10-12 months ago

Back
Top Bottom