Clio 182, good car?

Associate
As the sun was out I went for a run up to Seafield road in Edinburgh to have a bit of a nosy. Was looking for another Focus to replace my current 1.8 Zetec but found this Clio 182 and although I had a bit of a poke around at the time I was more interested in other Foci. Now I am home I have been giving more thought to the Renault but frankly its a car I know nothing about other than it looks pretty. Any owners on here or just people with opinions want to chime in?

Also at about six feet two inches tall and fairly well built will I look like somebody driving a toy car? :p

Soldato
I love mine :) It's quick, fun to drive and will return fairly good MPG. I get around 32MPG which is pretty good considering the performance.

It's nowhere near as practical as a Focus though. If you reguarly carry more than 2 people then it's not for you as there is very little room in the back.

They are pretty well kitted out as well with half-leather, climate, electric windows, etc. Build quality will be a step down from a Focus but it's good enough really.

Insurance is very high (Group 17) so you may need to factor that into the price.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions and I'll try and answer.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
As said, performance/running cost ratio is very good, little cramped in the back but the boot isn't too bad, not great though.

Maybe its cos I have an inferior old 172 but ins hasn't been a problem for me. Also thougth they were only grp 16 (I think the trophy is classed as a grp17).

Also didn't the cup have anthracite wheels, or was that just "full fat" 182s with the cup packs? It does have the splitter though.

Most people will say they go well but terrible cars with bits falling off all the time as they are french, but drive it and if you like it then that's enough :)

Not had any real issues with all the french cars I've had (all 2 of them lol) as long as you look after them.

Back
Top Bottom