Another for penski!

Associate
1958 RESTO CAL BEETLE

703xw1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&item=330003960299&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i would have it anyway! looks great :D

Permabanned
Yeah I saw that - nice car...

...It's weird but I'm so used to looking at Beetles with about 1.5" of ground clearance and narrowed beams that the above car actually looks strange to me...So high...and the rear wheels don't have any negative camber...and the front wheels aren't tucked in by 4" on each side...

*n

Associate
Small world. I was following that one through Oxshot last weekend. I remember being on the 40mph straight towards Leatherhead, just after Oxshot and thinking 'Why is he braking on the straight with nothing in form of him?' Then seeing the semaphore was up to turn right. He turned round in someones drive and the went back the way he came.

I can confirm that it is indeed one fine looking car.

Permabanned
Rich said:
Didnt realise a beetle of that quality would be worth so little. I think it looks very nice :D

It mentions that it needed welding for the MOT so expect it to need welding for the next one...

...And new wings...Heater channels, probably...Possibly a pan half or two... ;)

*n

Permabanned
whitecrook said:
It has a large rear screen, surely this can't be '58 I thought the big screens came in 67/68. It looks a bit of a mixture.

Nope - It went Split then Oval then Square (as above) which lasted until '66 then the windows got bigger :)

*n

Back
Top Bottom