Cheapest wide-angle lens out there?

Soldato
I've had my D50 for a little while now, and was just wondering what the cheapest wide-angle lens available for it is? I expect it's far too much for me at the moment, but one can hope ;)

Man of Honour
Cheap lens wise - not a wide angle but I've found these online. May be of some use to someone..

Kodak 80-210mm Zoom lens

We’ve sold nearly 3000 of these reliable great value lenses and for one week only we are giving them away.

80-210mm converts to 128-336mm on your 350D, perfect for a whole host of photographic opportunities, including sports and wildlife work.
The lens is a perfect match for the Canon 18-55mm (28-88 Equiv.) lens kit.

Features include auto and manual focus, lightweight with easy zooming.
Aperture range f4.5/5.6-22, minimum focus distance 4'9", 52mm filter size.

Canon fit converts to 128-336mm
Nikon fit converts to 120-315mm. Great lens for the D50.

This batch of lenses are supplied in a Kodak fitted case, perfect for the lens and other accessories. Carry handle, shoulder strap and pouches.

Please note to cover carriage costs an additional p&p charge of £3 will be added automatically to your order. Total p&p £5.90

Price: £39.90 (Inc VAT)

Can't say where though. Shame. :(
No idea how good they are anyway.

Man of Honour
Some googling found it, first link and also some info..

As I get more practice with the new camera and equipment, I'll expand this section with specifics on it - so check back if you're interested. One recommendation I can make immediately is DO NOT BUY the new Kodak 80-210mm lens for SLR cameras. I got one, tried it, and sent it back immediately. I thought it would be good because it's Kodak - and it was really cheap. Well, the only part I was right about was the "cheap" part. The picture quality was awful! I replaced it with a Canon 70-210 f/4.0 zoom / macro lens that I got on eBay. This lens is older and no longer in production - but is a fantastic lens and compares to the new ones (currently in production) which sell from $600. up.

Back
Top Bottom