Headphones for Airplanes?

Soldato
I need some Headphones for an upcoming holiday and want some to wear on the plane.

It will be used to listen to music via the ipod and movies on the PSP. The sound on the PSP is extremely low with normal headphones on at Home let alone on a plane so maybe one with a volume control booster?

I don't want to spend an arm or a leg but just recommend me some and I will have a look around.

Thanks

Soldato
If volume is your main issue, you might consider a portable headphone amplifier. Using it is going to help extend the PSP battery life too. Another option is active noise cancelling headphones, but these are usually very expensive, so the headphone amplifier option seems most useable.

Associate
Consider some kind of ear-sealing earphones (such as the Sennheiser CX300 or Creative EP630) if you don't want to spend too much money and want to listen to decent music on the flight. Expect to pay about £20-25 for either.

Other solutions such as active noise cancelling might be better for some people's needs, but they also much more expensive.

Soldato
If you prefer cup type phones then using an amplifier is sensible as they are more difficult to drive and will need more power to produce the same output level. They are much better though and even cheap ones sound respectable and are confortable. By the sound of it, you already have a set and just need more volume? Look for a product called "Boostaroo", I don't know what the sound quality is like but it is probably quite decent :)

Back
Top Bottom