OcUK Value 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor- Any Good?

Associate
Has anyone got the (OcUK Value Hanns-G HW191D 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver (MO-017-OK)) I have a budget of around £150 for a new lcd as my old one has decided to pack in. Does this look any good?

Thanks for the help

Soldato
Depends...

As far as I understand, VGA input has been improved a LARGE amount recently.

VGA does not use all of its bandwidth anyway, so the difference between DVI and VGA is basically zero. Some monitors are better with DVI because of the way they are built with internal filters and so on, and some are actually better with VGA.

I would wait for Badass to agree/shoot down my knowledge though :D

Soldato
Zefan said:
The Hanns-G is THE BEST value widescreen 19" on Ocuk by a LONG shot.

Having a quick peak at the specs of both, the Hanns does have better contrast ratio...

TBH, lots of people love the acer, but I have used neither. Since the Hanns is cheaper and has a better contrast ratio though, I would probablly now be swayed by that.

No doubt Baddass or someone else will help out some more though :)

Associate
Ok, so just got it set up to replace my 17" LG l1720B and I have to say this Hanns.G monitor is excellent, colour is wonderful, great contrast and brightness.

And importantly for me coming from my LG which had one, no stuck or dead pixels that I have noticed so far on this monitor.

At £150 inc VAT and next day shipping, this is a bargain, nicely done OCuk.

Associate
nice!!!

good to know that its a nice monitor!

i have another question about this monitor

i need to use a dvi to dvi with this for my pc to the monitor does it come with the conectors?

also i want to use a xbox 360 via the vga plug do u think that this would cause a problem as the monitor wouldn't know which one to display unless i had both my pc and xbox 360 on a switch box and both on the vga plug

any info or feedback on this guys? thanks!!!

Associate
orangeman2003 said:
good to know that its a nice monitor!

i have another question about this monitor

i need to use a dvi to dvi with this for my pc to the monitor does it come with the conectors?

also i want to use a xbox 360 via the vga plug do u think that this would cause a problem as the monitor wouldn't know which one to display unless i had both my pc and xbox 360 on a switch box and both on the vga plug

any info or feedback on this guys? thanks!!!

I'm using this monitor with my 360 and I have to say I'm not overly impressed, the colours will sometimes appear washed out and t he amount of jaggies visible is quite high.

And to answer your first question, no it doesn't come with a DVI cable but you can pick those up really cheap.

All in all this is still one of the best widescreen monitors you can get at the price, especially with dual inputs.

If you have both your PC and 360 plugged in, one via DVI and the other via VGA, you can use the monitors settings to switch between the two.

Soldato
sanofi said:
I'm using this monitor with my 360 and I have to say I'm not overly impressed, the colours will sometimes appear washed out and t he amount of jaggies visible is quite high.

And to answer your first question, no it doesn't come with a DVI cable but you can pick those up really cheap.

All in all this is still one of the best widescreen monitors you can get at the price, especially with dual inputs.

If you have both your PC and 360 plugged in, one via DVI and the other via VGA, you can use the monitors settings to switch between the two.

Sometimes the resolution you are using can affect some monitors, try playing around a bit with different settings to see if that helps (I am talking with the 360, obviously)

Associate
Hey, received my 19" Hanns widescreen today - looks great from what ive seen so far - no dead pixles, sharp picture. they send it with the brightness at 40000% so you have to fiddle with the settings to get it just right, but im very happy with it so far.

speakers aren't worth using really, dunno why they dont leave them off and make the monitor a bit cheaper? :D

Back
Top Bottom