Let them sort it out themselves.

Associate
I'm sick of the civilised world's obsession with the middle east. The simple truth is that all entities move towards stability.. you just have to give them the chance.

The history of England and all other 1st world countries has their fair share of violence and war. The fact is that the middle east *NEEDS* an all out war before it can begin to stabiliase. I don't like it, I don't support it but I do acknowledge it.

I say the hell with Israel and the middle east. Once they learn to be civilised *then* they will be ready to join the rest of the world. Just let them nuke each other to death and see where things end up.

Israel lost their "promised land" 3000 years ago... boohoo. Deal with it, they have no more claim on that land than England does on America.

I say just leave them to it... let them kill each other, the winner wins! It's not worth our trouble.

Associate
I for one agree with the OP. A war is long over due in the Middle East which is a very sad and unfortunate fact. We can no longer ignore the inevitable and the simple truth that the west has grown up while the east has clung to archaic values and morality. Let us not forget that this isn’t simple a war of territory; it is a war of religion, whether or not the cause or excuse.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jumpingmedic said:
The history of England and all other 1st world countries has their fair share of violence and war. The fact is that the middle east *NEEDS* an all out war before it can begin to stabiliase. I don't like it, I don't support it but I do acknowledge it.
But when England was gripped by civil war and widespread violence the troops weren't armed with warplanes, missiles, long range artillery and (heaven forbid they ever get used) nukes. We also now live in an age of advanced values and morals which frowns upon the terrorisation of civillians in the name of legitimate warfare. Therefore, as 'developed and civilised' countries we should make every effort to stem the rise of violence when ever it rears its ugly head. We learned our lesson the hard way and should prevent others from having to do the same.

We see the same problem all over the developing world, tribal conflicts being fought with automatic weapons and high explosives - and it's the fault of countries like ours for looking to make a cheap pound by selling weaponry to just about anyone who want them, whether it's legal or not.

Associate
OP
Nelson said:
But when England was gripped by civil war and widespread violence the troops weren't armed with warplanes, missiles, long range artillery and (heaven forbid they ever get used) nukes. We also now live in an age of advanced values and morals which frowns upon the terrorisation of civillians in the name of legitimate warfare. Therefore, as 'developed and civilised' countries we should make every effort to stem the rise of violence when ever it rears its ugly head. We learned our lesson the hard way and should prevent others from having to do the same.

We see the same problem all over the developing world, tribal conflicts being fought with automatic weapons and high explosives - and it's the fault of countries like ours for looking to make a cheap pound by selling weaponry to just about anyone who want them, whether it's legal or not.

WE live in such a world... the middle east lives in a world created by the 14th century. it's their problem, and regardless of the weapons available to them they are the only people who can sort it out.

I'm sorry, but i'm sick of our country being caught in the middle of his crap. We have a good country. They have a CRAP country. End of.

A good war will start to straighten things out. I feel sorry for the innocents who are caught in the middle of this mess but the path to peace is laden with violence.

Soldato
As much as we'd like to, we can't just back out of Middle Eastern affairs and let them sort things out for themselves. There are two main - among many of lesser significance - reasons for this:

1. Oil. If we stopped getting oil from the Middle East a sizable proportion of our economy would collapse, and the knock-on effect would cripple the rest. Like it or not we rely on the Middle East's stability for our own economic stability, and if war breaks out over there energy prices will shoot up here - which is a serious problem considering the state of our economy

2. Nuclear weapons. A war waged in the Middle East wouldn't be confined to that particular area; long-range missiles and nuclear weapons mean we are very much in the firing line too

Back
Top Bottom