explorer annoyance

Associate
since this morning, rundll32.exe appears to be starting whenever i boot my machine. if i terminate the process i can be sure that windows explorer will have to close within about a minute.

any ideas as to what could have caused this change?

i have not installed / uninstalled anything within at least a week

thanks in advance

Soldato
Well yeah, rundll32.exe is supposed to start when you boot your machine, it wouldn't work without it :D I've had it before on the school network though and ended up re-imaging the machine so perhaps a repair install?

Associate
OP
bumped. getting a bit worried now.

i know that rundll32.exe is a system file, so if i found a file with the same name anywhere else on my PC there would probably be cause for alarm. this is not the case though, but i would still very much like to know why it is now running under my user name and not SYSTEM or anything else. what could be needing it now that wasnt yesterday?

is it possible that virusness / malware could change system files in order to do damage? i have no experience in this area. (ran a full scan with Kaspersky - nothing found)

PLEASE HELP!!

ps - i terminated the process again around half an hour ago and have had no errors / problems this time

thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom