Z500 Subwoofer Front Grill

Soldato
OP
Hmm, i have took the screws out form the front, i try pulling on the front thing, but it wont come off :\, i could use a screwdriver but i dont want to risk hurting somthing, maybe its built onto the speaker?

Anyone else who has taken the front off? has anoyne else got some more info on taking it off?

Soldato
Its probably glued in place too. I have seen inside computer speakers and there is glue everywhere. Also, my old mini-hifi speakers are glued into place. It doesn't mean it wont give way with a bit of force, but it will be obvious it has been done and will void the warranty, you also risk damage (screwdriver slips, hole in cone :eek: )

Soldato
OP
Hmm, i aint concerned about scredriver slipping :p, i just am concerned that it maybe its glued, but pulling it off could also damage the cone?

Whats the darn point of glueing it when you got 4 screws in and a gap inbetween the actual damnd grill and the sub, logitech make this ace system, then start using glue on the grill :mad:

Surely someone has took the front off before?, there must be someone who knows exatly if its possible :\, i am biggining to thing that its glued onto the cone :\

Last edited:
Soldato
It shan't be glued to the cone, but I couldn't be sure no other damage would be caused by attempting removal. Unfortunately, the glue is very common in manufactured equiptment. I would expect it is there party to reduce any possible vibration and partly to stop anyone doing what you are trying to do :p
Manufacturers often don't like people to be able to get at thier equiptment, always seems like they've got something to hide to me.

Soldato
OP
hmmm, its just, i tryed a screwdriver, it still wont budge, i dont want to damage the paint on it lol, and looking down the gap, it looks like its linked to the coan, it would be nice if someone who likes ot take risks would do it |:p

Soldato
OP
ah.

It's very puzzling why it wont come off no matter how hard i try when i have taken the screws out :s, logitech might as well not even have put screws on .

Oh, and say if i did get it off, then put it back on, do you think iw ould hear lots of crap due to a vibrating grill?

Last edited:
Soldato
Like I said before the grill is glued on and the screws are just for show.. So get a torch and look where the grill is glued on then use paper clips in the grill holes and hook the paper clip in the holes and lightly tug on the grill where its glued on, and it should come off. But dont rush it.

Soldato
willhub said:
If i do get it off, will i ever be able to put the grill back on, and if i do put it back on, will there be loads of vibrations because there is no glue there to stop it rattling?

You would have to glue it back on, or it will just keep falling off.. the old superglue should do the trick :p

Soldato
ill post some pics in amin

excuse the flash, the lighting is pants in here!
dscf2337smallzw0.jpg

dscf2340smallgx8.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom