Help Please... Internet problems (setting up my router)

Soldato
'lo all.
i've got a Linksys ADSL2 Gateway (+ 4-Port Switch) it's the AG241 model.

although its not working at all properly with the internet. i've had it for about 6 months and every now and then it just wont connect to the net when i power on my machine.

i rebooted the damn thing today and have attempted to set everything up on it again but i can't understand why its not working.

the DSL light comes on fine, but it just wont go on the net, i checked the Gateway status and it says something along the lines of "unable to connect to PPPoA server" :confused:

i've changed my encapsulation to RCF 2364 PPPoA, and entered in my ADSL username and password.
am i missing something out?

Last edited:
Soldato
nikebee:

I just got a US Robotics Wireles MaxG ADSL2+ Gateway (usr9108) wireless router a few days ago, so it is still all a bit of a mystery to me.

I set mine up without to may problems with a utility called EasyConfigurator that US Robotics provide.

My settings are:

Encapsulation: VCMUX
Protocol: RFC 2364 WAN-PPPoverATM
Virtual Circuit: VPI(0) VCI(38)

These seem to be the main ones, certainly what I used to have to set when setting up the drivers of my Zyxel modem.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help. :)

Soldato
OP
well i just unplugged everything, and tried plugging the router directly into the wall (without a microfilter) and its working :confused:

perhaps my microfilter is buggered...

either way its a lot cheaper to buy a microfilter than a new router...

odd problem, but it seems to be solved :rolleyes: :cool:

thanks for the help jbloggs :)

Back
Top Bottom