Swiftech H20-220 Apex "Ultra" ????????

Soldato
just bought i nice shiny lian li v2000+2 and am wanting to get the above water rig for my amd 64 4000+ at the moment am getting temps of about 40 and going up to high 40s touching 50 in bf2( thats with an artic cooler 64 ) now my concern is that am a total noob at wcing so this would be my first rig i have read up on them but am just wondering if its at all possible to mount the 120.2 rad on the back and have the water going in to the case via the pci slots and have the pump and other bits inside :confused:

Associate
You mean something like this ....

radbox-installation-mockup-.gif

Sure , turn that rad upside down ..

Associate
steveo said:
yea like that m8 but is it save to have a rad upside down like that (be gentle noob here :) ) and would the tubing fit through the pci slots without been damaged

The rad as pictured in the diagram above is the correct way up. You want to have the outlet at the highest physical point on the radiator (either like the diagram shows or with the rad lying on it's thin side) in order to avoid any air from becomming trapped in the radiator over time.

The kit comes with a pci slot back-plate which has two holes pre-cut into it and protected by rubber grommets which the supplied tubing fits snugly.

If you find that you end up not wanting to run the tubes through your case's pci slot, you can easily remove the grommets from the slot thingy and use them somewhere else. I ended up mounting the rad on the off-side of my case and mounted the radiator on it's side. Pics are here if you want to have a look.

EDIT: By the way, my outlet is NOT at the top as it should be :( I made a mistake when cutting the tubing so I didn't have enough left to route it properly. Being the impatient type, I just used what I had and have ended up with the radiator inlet at the top and the outlet at the bottom. Result is that air does get trapped inside the radiator over time but I resolve this by tipping the pc up for a few minutes every now and then ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom