2nd Line/3rd Line Support - Difference?

Associate
haha, i really should know this, i've even done a search, but come up with nothing. Can someone tell me the difference between 2nd Line support and 3rd Line support? At first i just assumed the 2nd Line would simply answer the call before the 3rd Line, but after looking around for a bit, it seems i am wrong......

Soldato
daztrouk said:
haha, i really should know this, i've even done a search, but come up with nothing. Can someone tell me the difference between 2nd Line support and 3rd Line support? At first i just assumed the 2nd Line would simply answer the call before the 3rd Line, but after looking around for a bit, it seems i am wrong......

1st - 2nd - 3rd (increasing technical level).

Normally 1st receive calls and log/attempt a first contact fix. Unresolved calls are escalated to 2nd line support... 3rd line generally deal with infrastructure/network technical problems.

Permabanned
daztrouk said:

1st Line supprt - Moaning and bitching + refilling printers with paper
2nd Line support - Moaning and Bitching + occasional toner cartridge replacement
3rd Line support - Moaning and Bitching + replacing fuses in plugs

Soldato
In my experience:

1st line is really the front line dealing with customer issues. For example password resets and the like.
2nd line would be when there's a user hardware failure (i.e. desktops) or simple infrastructure issues.
3rd line is where the 'back end' is, servers etc, problems that affect whole groups of users.

Associate
SiD the Turtle said:
In my experience:

1st line is really the front line dealing with customer issues. For example password resets and the like.
2nd line would be when there's a user hardware failure (i.e. desktops) or simple infrastructure issues.
3rd line is where the 'back end' is, servers etc, problems that affect whole groups of users.

Spot on :D

Back
Top Bottom