Newish Thermaltake

Soldato
Its been out and about for a few months now, I managed to see two in a shop about a month back, didnt get any hands on with them but the black one is the best looking case Thermaltake have made in a very long time.

It looks a little on the flimsy side compared to a Lian Li but still pretty solid, cooling wise it will probably be fine for a Conroe system as it is designed for a dual processor rig if I remember.

Nothing to say not to get one that I know of, but I have not used one and not many people have them really so it is a bit of a unknown quatnity at the moment.

Depends on the price your paying for it, its only a nice looking case to a point.

Associate
OP
Ive found it at about £80, however i do really like the Akasa Mirage. Does the window on the eclipse fit the mirage, i only ask because they both have 62 in their names.

Soldato
It should do, the Mirage has a plastic front like the Eclipse aswell, really is not worth the extra money over the basic one. :(

Soldato
The basic Eclipse looks really substantual as it is, best cooling case about and as its the same bar the front as a Mirage offers so much more value for your money!

Associate
OP
Yeah your prolly right Ywen. You know your stuff about cases.
Currently got a NZXT Lexa which is good for cooling, but i dont want two of them lol! So the Eclipse looks a strong contender atm.

Associate
OP
Yeh that isnt bad, but i would prefer to have a Window so i can see my new conroe and crossfire :D but if the case has really really good looks to start with then i can just about live without a window.

Soldato
Not bad, but not an Eclipse 62.

They are supposed to have the same party piece, and ones is much better than the others. ;)

You would not get Crabby the Clown, if Krusty was available for your kids party would you? :p

Permabanned
Yewen said:
Not bad, but not an Eclipse 62.

They are supposed to have the same party piece, and ones is much better than the others. ;)

You would not get Crabby the Clown, if Krusty was available for your kids party would you? :p

Actually I would get Crabby.

:p Antec Solo is my favourite case still!

Associate
OP
Moving completly away from the Thermaltake case, how does the Gigabyte 3d case cool? That looks quite nice aswell. So far for me its gonna be between the :
Gigabyte 3d Aurora
Tt Eureka
and the Akasa Eclipse.

Soldato
Well in order of cooling overall its:

Eclipse 62
Eureka
Aurora

But if you want CPU cooling the Eureka and Aurora would switch position. (Talking to someone who has both on MSN about them, got to love the Germans. :))

Soldato
iceman911 said:
Moving completly away from the Thermaltake case, how does the Gigabyte 3d case cool? That looks quite nice aswell. So far for me its gonna be between the :
Gigabyte 3d Aurora
Tt Eureka
and the Akasa Eclipse.

Cooling wise: akasa>gigabyte>thermaltake is the most likely outcome using the same fans

Looks (imo, of course): Gigabyte>Thermaltake>Akasa

Build Quality: Akasa > Gigabyte > Thermaltake

Yewen said:
Well in order of cooling overall its:

Eclipse 62
Eureka
Aurora

But if you want CPU cooling the Eureka and Aurora would switch position. (Talking to someone who has both on MSN about them, got to love the Germans. :))

I meant CPU ;)

Back
Top Bottom