mesothelioma (Asbestosis)

Soldato
Just wondering if anyone has any good informative websites or if anyone knows what I should be expecting in the later stages of this diease. As someone very close to me has had this diease for around 6 months.

I've googled it but not a great deal has come up.

I'm not after medical advice, just any good websites or first hand advice on what to expect in the later stages

dons if you deem this a medical thread please delete it and I Apologize . I don't think it is though as i'm asking for anyone who has had any exprience dealing with this disease

Suspended
oh god...my grandad died from asbestos poisining (WW II submariner) :(

It's a horrible death. It would be more humane to put a bullet in his head before it gets bad, puking up blood. :(

Soldato
OP
Without been to gruesome. How does death actually occur do they suffocate.

Or does there lack of appitite etc cause death.

I've looked all over the web and they don't seem to say. Just like to be prepared for when the end comes.

Oh yeah and please no medical stuff just a disscussion about the diease.

Hopefully be able to keep this thread open

Soldato
divaboy said:
Without been to gruesome. How does death actually occur do they suffocate.
I thought it caused a type of lung cancer.
Noxis said:
How did they get it? I thought asbestos is pretty much gone these days?
Days of old, it was commonly used because of its fireproof properties, especially in ceilings and walls. Most of the people that have problems now were exposed to it years ago, mostly as contractors installing and removing panels and inhaling the dust.

Associate
squiffy..

that could be the harshest reply i've ever read

divaboy..

Hope it goes as easily as it can. I'd presume that things have advanced a lot nowadays to make things like this more comfortable as and when they occur

Soldato
OP
cmsbfent said:
squiffy..

divaboy..

Hope it goes as easily as it can. I'd presume that things have advanced a lot nowadays to make things like this more comfortable as and when they occur

I'm sure things will work themselves out in the end.
Would just like to know in which ways death can occur from this diease. Prefer not to ask one of the doctors in front of my dad :eek:

So I thought google would give me the answer but no luck.

squiffy don't worry about the reply. I'm fine with it just now the diease is getting slightly more advanced I'm just looking for some advice from people who may have been through a simalr thing or knows of a good website.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Associate
My Mum's a nurse and she was telling me about this the other day, I don't want to sound harsh or anything, but she deals with lots of nasty things and she definitely thinks it's one of the worst ways to go. I think what squiffy has said is essentially true. You should value what time your Father has left I'm afraid :(

(If you really would like to know more details, I could ask Mum again about it, but I don't think this is going to make you feel any better)

Soldato
I work for a company who deal with Safety, Health and enviromental risks, one of our specialities is dealing with Aspestos, it can be found in quite a few things

Soldato
OP
Thanks a lot if you could do that I would really appricate it. I am fine with everything , but i'm the sort of person who likes to know how things are going to be.

No doubt it would be better to email me through my trust though.

I am working away now till friday so won't be able to view these forums till then.

Please try and keep it medical free. So hopefully thread may still be open when I get back.

If anyone else has advice or suggestions you can email me in my trust.

Thanks to you all again

And thanks to the dons for leaving this thread open

Suspended
cmsbfent said:
squiffy..

Harsh, but true unfortuantly. If your grandad is constantly coughing, spewing up blood, in terrible agony, hard to breath....I can't see the point of prolonging his life just for the sake of it when he's in such pain. :(

Soldato
singist said:
I really do hope that you are joking! NOT the way to dispose of it.
It's a perfectly fine way to dispose of it.

The guy running the local tip told us we had to put it at least 6 inches underground, so I put it 2 feet under.

Also after that we dumped the soil back on, put some weird fabric to stop weeds on top and then dumped sand on top of that. We're slabbing over the lot next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom