Best Online game ever?

Soldato
Deliverance said:
Unless my eyes deceive me no one has mentioned Team Fortress (and TFC for that matter)

One of THE best online games of all time, as far as i can see it was one of, if no the first team based online game ever made.

Unreal Tournament > TFC

Soldato
I never quite got into UT over Quake 3 though, the controls to me felt detached on the rig I was running at the time.

Quake 3 Arena was the king of the deathmatch, but CTF on UT was ace if I remember correctly!

Associate
Not sure if any of these are the best online games ever, but certainly my personal favourites over the years I've been online gaming...

Star Wars Galaxies - Played it for 2 years and was my first proper rpg, which I wasn't a great fan of, but was getting bored of FPS'ers and wanted something with more depth. (Amazing how many people are still so passionate about this game and want it back, pub 6 reewind!)

HL: DM - Amount of money this cost me, back in the day, dial up and my marriage, most probably.. :o

BF1942 - DC mod - Had some wicked laughs online with this great game/mod.

Soldato
CS back a few years ago, WoW had me addicted for few months but uni stopped that one dead.
not really gotten into many other online games, except that online text based one where you had a planet and made ships etc planetarion!! thats the one just realise , classic! :D that was before the p2p rule came in :*(

Back
Top Bottom