Dell 2007WFP Yay or Nay

Associate
viewsonic was my original choice then i saw the A02 revision resolved any issues this panel had and for £280 or so it's not to be sniffed at!

Soldato
Mines being delivered tomorrow, cant wait! :eek: Next Day Delivery so i cant complain. Ordered on Sunday 16th July and being delivered on the 18th July. Suprised as Dell said 5-7 Business Days.

Permabanned
Wow lots of people are getting one!

I love the stand on this Monitor, it works beautifully.

Is this a VESA stand? Meaning that I can use one on my monitor too.

Associate
Talbs13 said:
a lot of reviews have said that the stand is very unstable when altering the height and angle. Can anyone confirm that this is true?

Fine when i do it.. the womaon on the cnet review is just a bit rubbish.. that or their table is doused in mr sheen

Associate
just found a stuck red pixel .. damnnit! can hardly see it and only on white/yellow it seems.. just trying this UDpixel program that flashes a rotation on the area for a couple hours..see if i can wake it up

Soldato
Talbs13 said:
a lot of reviews have said that the stand is very unstable when altering the height and angle. Can anyone confirm that this is true?

I would say not.
The 2005FPW 20" display had a different stand and I would say that one felt a little safer.
In fact when I moved the 2007WFP onto my desk at home I was a little bit worried that it would fall flat on it's face.
However once it is on a hard surface of a computer desk it feels fine and very secure.

My only complaint is that the 2007 does not raise as high as the 2005 did.
Not a big problem as I've just lowered my chair slightly to compensate.

Soldato
If I don't like the monitor, or if it has stuck pixels/dead pixels, is it possible to RMA the product?

*EDIT* this is assuming of course, I buy online directly from Dell

Soldato
The reason no one sees banding is because Dell updated the firmware to turn off the video processing chip in Desktop mode. This is some fancy chip which adjusts contrast/brightness on the fly with a dvi connector. Side effect of this is poor colour gradients resulting in banding. If you switch to multimedia or games mode you will see the banding. Doesn't bother a lot of people.

Associate
Arghh, so many choices. :eek:

But after seeing the revised price of this, i think it may have swung me away from NEC.

Hmmm. Can anyone with a little more knowledge tell me if the NEC LCD20WGX2 is worth the additional 120quid?

I've trawled through review after review and they all tell me both are great!

Help! :p

Associate
Kreeeee said:
Sounds liek dust behind the screen to me. I've had it before on an older monitor and fixed it with compressed air down the air vents.
That sounds very interesting Kreeeee, tell me more!?

Do you have a 2007 yourself? The problem pixel is at the bottom of my screen (along the task bar) and about 14cm from the left side. Looking at the back of the monitor I can't see any vents that, when air is blown down would flow across the screen?

Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know anything about the anatomy of monitors!

Could anybody explain if this technique is possible with my pixels placement and the 2007 model?

Permabanned
Raze said:
Arghh, so many choices. :eek:

But after seeing the revised price of this, i think it may have swung me away from NEC.

Hmmm. Can anyone with a little more knowledge tell me if the NEC LCD20WGX2 is worth the additional 120quid?

I've trawled through review after review and they all tell me both are great!

Help! :p

Hmm, the only difference really between those two is that one has a glossy panel, and one does not. Also, the NEC's response time is faster.

I would'nt pay £120 more for that. Get the Dell, but the NEC is the BEST 20inch display you can get!

Associate
The stand on the 2007 is fantastic, rock solid. Screen adjustment is very easy, can be done with one finger. At the current price its ano brainer.

Back
Top Bottom