Good mouse/keyboard?

Associate
Ok, I'm wondering if anyone can help me - I'm looking for a new mouse and keyboard. At the moment I have a standard Dell for both and I'm looking for a mouse under/around £25-30 and a keyboard for about the same price (a little more if it's got illuminated keys :) )

I do a lot of gaming and art-work so a high DPI is a want, although I got along fine with my Intellimouse Explorer 4 quite well. I was looking at a G15 for a keyboard but it's too expensive for me at OC, and everywhere else is out of stock.

If anyone can give me suggetions, it'd be appreciated!

Soldato
Never had any problems with my logitech keyboards, however my friend tried to get hold of the exact same one but couldn't, no idea why though. He ended up getting one with a small enter key, which i and he cant stand!
The model for it is the Logitech Internet Pro keyboard.
Not sure if you can get the same as this, as they do vary, ive looked at ones with the same name but they feel awful for typing.
( This one has the usual logitech play, mute, volume, favourites buttons on the top in small silver oval buttons )

Soldato
Have you considered a wireless set, like the Logitech MX3000? I've got the MX3100 (comes with a better mouse, but it's discontinued now) and it's been great.

It's perhaps just over your entire budget, but it might be worth a look.

Associate
never buy logitech nor wireless!!!! Firstly logitech, on the model i had you couldn't hold down control or shift and use the arrow keys at the same time, its apparently a common problem with logitech keyboards, subject to model i believe , but damn important for fps.
Wireless b.c the lag is horendous + connection problems even with the most expensive models. The tech i think just isn't up to it at the moment

Aod

Aod

Soldato
ed3203 said:
never buy logitech nor wireless!!!! Firstly logitech, on the model i had you couldn't hold down control or shift and use the arrow keys at the same time, its apparently a common problem with logitech keyboards, subject to model i believe , but damn important for fps.
Wireless b.c the lag is horendous + connection problems even with the most expensive models. The tech i think just isn't up to it at the moment
what was the Last Logitech product you used?

Logitech wireless is some of the fastest in the world.

Associate
OP
I wasn't really planning on wireless so much because I've heard that they're slower unless you spend quite a bit on them. I've been fine with cables thus-far.

I'll have a look at that logitech combination.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
ed3203 said:
My Saitek Eclipse has a similar problem. I can't use 2 arrow keys + NUMPAD_INS at the same time.

Associate
Saitek eclipse is an excellent keyboard, and just noticed that ocuk also have both the red and blue versions in. Easily the best keyboard I've used, cant fault in at all. For a mouse I've got a mx510 but ocuk don't stock them anymore but do have the next model up the mx518. Really nice mouse with extra side buttons that come in really handy in games and perfect shape and feel.

Permabanned
I have also had a problem with a Logitech Keyboard (wireless) couldnt click 2-3 buttons at the same time, which was a shame

HOWEVER

On the plus side, I have been using my wired logitech keyboard for just under 4 years, its a multimedia one, great :)

Just got the Hiper Alloy Keyboard

Soldato
If you want a cheap decent gamign wireless mouse get the Logitech mx510/518. I currently use the mx510 and the new Logitech wireless G& limited UK edition which is good but i just cant get sued to it so i find that i rarely use it (but its v expensive n v sexeh :p ) As for keyboards there are loads out there that'll do the job for cheap, just get a bog standard microsoft one

Soldato
ed3203 said:

I can't agree with any of that.

I've had keyboards and mice from Logitech for ages and ive never had a single problem. If a problem does arise, Logitech are perhaps the best for customer service around.

Have a look at the MX518 mouse and UltraX keyboard. :)

Associate
get a logitech delux or summat like that for under £10 then get a good mouse, ive got a realy cheap keyboard (genius by name) and iver never ever had any problemsd after having it for best part of 5 years n it only cost me £3. cant go wrong. although if you want multimedia keys @ the top you may have to shell out a bit more. as far as mice go once youve got a cheap keyboard theres only one option in my eyes, the razor copperback. £45 and its supremely awesome.

Associate
OP
Those Razer mice are way over what I'm willing to pay for a single component, plus they don't look comfortable.

I've decided on a keyboard now (That Saitek one) - any other suggestions for a mouse?

Associate
ed3203 said:

rubbish. A particular keyboard you had once suffered from a problem so you dismiss the entire range of keyboards that a company now sells as the same?

Have you done test with regard to suspected lag or is this something you read somewhere? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom