New Black DS Lite - Dead Pixel...

Associate
Hi guys and gals, I have just purchased a second DS Lite as my missus plays the first one I bought to death!! Time to get another one for myself I thought, having already bought a white one which the missus likes I thought I'd try the black one for me.

I got it from Game for £109.99 with Brain Training, happy days thought I. However after about 3-4 hours of gaming I have noticed a dead pixel on the very right hand side of the screen, it shows up as red in colour when the screen has a black background say in a game and it shows up as green when on the normal white load up screens.

Now the dead pixel as stated is right on the very edge of the screen, the missus couldn't see it. It is not impeding my gaming in any way, however I know it's there and it is bothering me a bit. What would you guys and gals do? Would you take it back to Game and ask for a replacement (I've only had it since yesterday) or live with it because of where it is?

Also I know Game are pretty good for returns etc but when I opened the box, there is a slight tear on one side, do you think this will be a problem? Or do you think it is nothing to worry about and live with it?

Also for anyone else who has a black DS Lite, how do you find the d-pad? I don't think its as responsive as the white one I have. It does look well nice in black though, yes it smudges easy but it also cleans easy!!

Cheers

Associate
I would definetly take it back if it bothers you, youve spent £100 on something and you want it to be in perfect condition :)

My first DS had a dead pixel aswell, i just took it back and got a replacement with no bother at all.

Edit : Welcome to the forums :)

Associate
If the shop doesnt take it (which is unlikely ) Nintendo are really good and helpfully.

Also you might want to try playing the PSP Dead Pixel video(converted to the DS format). If you have the Movie player cart. This might unstick it etc.

Associate
Isn't that just a stuck pixel? I was lead to believe that dead pixels always show up black. I have a 'stuck pixel' on top screen, goes blue in black backgrounds but that's it, doesn't show up in any other way, basically only when game intro's are starting.

I'm also lead to beleive that stuck pixels can sort themselves out somehow, so maybe you'll play a certain game with the right colouring and it'll unstuck...maybe... :confused:

Associate
LORD APOCALYPSE said:
Isn't that just a stuck pixel? I was lead to believe that dead pixels always show up black. I have a 'stuck pixel' on top screen, goes blue in black backgrounds but that's it, doesn't show up in any other way, basically only when game intro's are starting.

I'm also lead to beleive that stuck pixels can sort themselves out somehow, so maybe you'll play a certain game with the right colouring and it'll unstuck...maybe... :confused:

Dead pixels/stuck pixels ... either way they are damaged.

Each pixel is really 3 pixel elements... (red / green / blue elements) and for each there is a transistor and capacitor, and if it fails it can latch either on or off .... so some dead pixels will be black, or have a colour, or have limited colours depending which sub pixel(s) are dead.

Unsticking pixels by rapid flashing may in some cases may unstick it, but it depends on just what damage there is. People rely too much on this saying it is a cure...

Back
Top Bottom