FFXI

Soldato
anyone playing this?

i tried over a year ago and never really got into it.

wouldn't mind trying it again - any significant improvements?

is everyone level three trillion or is it cool for beginners?

is it worth convincing my partner to try it (the game fellas) with me?

Associate
Whilst I've not played it in a while either, some things never change:

No UK/european community, therefore no decent groups or friendly gangchat unless you play at stupid o clock.

The translation feature for japanese/english makes grouping slightly possible but it's still not practical enough and the japanese would rather not invite you.

Soloing/duoing isn't an option so you'd be waiting around for a group once you got to a certain level. Can take hours.

The control system is excrement for keyboard users.

Those reasons alone killed the game for me, there's some great stuff but they're irrelevant without the above.

I hate to say it (and I personally hate the game but there's no respectable competition), but WoW is the best MMORPG out there at the moment. 5 years ago I'd say buy EverQuest (it could actually be good now with that new progression server, although I've not looked into it).

EVE owns them all but it's not in the same genre.

Soldato
I played it for my 30 day trial, but didnt bother to continue on with it, my view there was way too much farming for my liking eg i needed a root from a creature to complete a quest, however that same creature has a rare drop about 1/30 ro something like that, well lets just say i couldnt even get a chance to kill him because of the 20 or odd lvl 20+ chars attacking him

Soldato
n3crius said:
anyone playing this?

i tried over a year ago and never really got into it.

wouldn't mind trying it again - any significant improvements?

is everyone level three trillion or is it cool for beginners?

is it worth convincing my partner to try it (the game fellas) with me?
Everquest 2 pvp server ;)

Soldato
I play it and love it. Just dinged lv50 Dark Knight the other day.

I'm on Ifrit server.

The only problem I have with the game is the constant need to have a party to make any real progress. Sometimes its nice to do things on your own...

Still, I have real life friends that play it so it makes it more fun for me personally :)

Soldato
I play FFXI on Remora server. Got my Black Mage to 53 so far. Games amazing these days once you get a decent linkshell with a a few regular players. The new expansion has brought some great stuff into the game. Beseiged sounds fun to me, players gather in a place all Al Zabi or summert and defend against NPC invaders (undead, trolls etc) etc etc. (700+ ppl V NPC's gotta be fun)

Associate
I reactivated to play the expansion. Some neat additions but I'm getting bored of it already. I have to agree with there being zero UK community. I've seen a few through the years but the majority of English speaking players are almost definately going to be American. Theres a fair Euro community, on my server at least, but they don't speak very good English.

It's 'stupid o'clock' now actually.. I guess I'll log in for a bit :D

Soldato
Going to restart on this again (hopefully character still excists)

Does anyone else play this game, if so which server are you on?

Associate
Have played it since the US PC launch on import. Its a great game. Very time consuming but still the best MMO I have played imo. Ive been playing ages now and still not bored. Theres a lot to do and a lot of variety in the jobs. Keeps me entertained anyway hehe :D

Man of Honour
I started an account, JUST typed in my CD-Key and as it was confirming the client crashed my PC (It's such a shoddy piece of software). I restart, try to use the key again - nope, already in use. I try to login using the information I'd just entered for a password and username but the account did "not exist". I email support (Who require you to have your Playonline usernumber, which of course I didn't have seeing as my client BORKED itself half way through validating) and also get my friend who plays FFXI to send a mail. No replies. DO I REALLY have to call the £23934/hr call centre to get myself a damn key? This is pretty irrelevant anyway seeing as I really cba now (Was months ago) and TBH the game looks **** anyway.

/RANT

Associate
I used to play this and did for a while, lost many hours to it. I did enjoy it but in the end the main reason i quit playing was the software didn't allow me to minimise it or play in a window. I was often waiting far too long for certain members to join my group and so on. There is better games out there really.

Soldato
All will play FFXI!!!! :p

I still prefer this to WoW and any mmo, i wish i didnt mess with registry tho to improve graphics.. now my windower wont work :(

Soldato
My character still excists (phew so glad)

I am on Fenrir server.

Do you know if they ever released character transfers, or do you still have to wait for world emigration and any ideas when the next one will be?

Back
Top Bottom