Raptor Died :(

Associate
Yesterday my 36Gig Raptor boot drive failed, I noticed XP was taking an age to boot so I left it going, when I'd come back from eating my dinner it was at the BIOS post screen with SMART status Bad. Doh! Luckily those nice people at WD gave those drives a 5 year warranty. I emailed tech support at about 20:30 last night with error codes, got a reply this morning 9:32 syaing they will replace it for me :D

Great service, excellent drives. Seemed to be possibly SATA related rather than tired platters as it was throwing up 0138 (busy/timeout) and 0139 (DRQ not expected) in DLGDIAG 5.04c

Fire .. :)

Associate
OP
:eek: not so good, I have to ship the broken drive to... Germany! Wonder what that is going to cost me, seems like a big company exploiting the end user, ok they pay for the new drive to be shipped to me but there's is a discounted rate as they are using couriers all the time. Now I have to go find a cheap/reliable courier, anyone got any ideas?

Fire.. :(

Associate
I think it cost me about £12-13 to post my raptor to Germany by international signed for. Mine started failing while in a raid 0 array after about 4 weeks, but running the WD software seemed to 'fix' it i.e. passed so as not being able to qualify for an RMA. Took about 12 months more to finally die and get it swapped.

Back
Top Bottom