2GB Mushkin redline pc4000

Associate
Hi , best i get on fsb is 260 which considering they are rated at 250 is a bit disappointing, but as said they do have tighter timings than most.

Associate
Go for the corsair 3500ll sticks (with the black heatspreaders not the platinum ones). They are cheaper than the redlines and nearly all do 238mhz, 2,3,2,5. Mine are doing this at 2.7v

Man of Honour
i have some mushkin redline. currently running at 254mhz 3 3 3 8 i dont know anything about timings i think they could be tighter but i know that i have got my cpu to 2.8ghz with the above settings so im happy with the mushkin

Associate
ted34 said:
Go for the corsair 3500ll sticks (with the black heatspreaders not the platinum ones). They are cheaper than the redlines and nearly all do 238mhz, 2,3,2,5. Mine are doing this at 2.7v

I was just wondering what the difference in performance between the black heatspreader ones and platinum ones besides the heat spreader and the led's?

I was just wondering as I am also considering the mushkin redlines to upgrade from my corsair value select.

Associate
GoRedwings19 said:
I was just wondering what the difference in performance between the black heatspreader ones and platinum ones besides the heat spreader and the led's?

I was just wondering as I am also considering the mushkin redlines to upgrade from my corsair value select.

Hi ,there isnt any difference between the black heatspreader ones and platinum ones besides the heat spreader and the led's? same timings so same chips, but the led's are useful when having boot issues.

the Mushkins are rated at 500Mhz where the corsair are rated at 437Mhz but the Corsair have better timings at stock and AMD boards love tight timings and even when lowering the fsb to 200 the redlines dont like cas 2 so i would opt for the corsair myself even though i have the redlines :( hope this helps

Associate
andyr said:
Hi ,there isnt any difference between the black heatspreader ones and platinum ones besides the heat spreader and the led's? same timings so same chips, but the led's are useful when having boot issues.

the Mushkins are rated at 500Mhz where the corsair are rated at 437Mhz but the Corsair have better timings at stock and AMD boards love tight timings and even when lowering the fsb to 200 the redlines dont like cas 2 so i would opt for the corsair myself even though i have the redlines :( hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. So it looks like I will get the platinums or the redline's.

Associate
GoRedwings19 said:

Im not sure if the platinum ones clock as well. They are newer memory sets so not to many people using them yet

Associate
Okay I maaged to pick up a set of muskin reline. As hadrd as I tried the corsair is big in demand and still cost even used.

I have installed the redline in my PC.

The timing seems very loose. I am running my PC at stock speed and the only thing I have done so far it set the mem voltage to 2.8v and I set the divider to 250mhz

According to CPUZ the frequency is 240 and the timings are 3-4-3-10. This si the first time i have used the mushkins.

Do I have to se the timings maually? What would be a good timing seeming I am an OC noob.

Something like 3-3-3-8????

Then I can start to OC my PC again.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom