Discuss

Permabanned
yeah it does but the damn motherboard gets so hot, was thinking of upgrading it to an si-120 and putting 2x120mm fans ontop of each other which help a hell of a lot apparently

Associate
OP
bbreezeuk said:
yeah it does but the damn motherboard gets so hot, was thinking of upgrading it to an si-120 and putting 2x120mm fans ontop of each other which help a hell of a lot apparently

Skeme seems to have it going well with the Thermalright SI-120 (lapped) + Panaflo L1A worth a thought. Lapping must make a fair bit of difference do you think?

Posted by Skeme
COLOR=DarkOrange]Cpu[/COLOR] Opteron 148
Cpu Speed 2.9GHZ
Vcore 1.55v
Cooling Thermalright SI-120 (lapped) + Panaflo L1A
Room Temp unknown
Idle Temp 36°C
Loaded Temp 46°C

Last edited:
Soldato
Athlon 64 'venice' rev. DH-E6 running at 2.75Ghz (275HT)
Thermaltake blue orb II with akasa 120mm blue LED fan (2000RPM instead of 1600) with arctic silver TIM

room temperature 29.5*C, idle temperature 31*C, load temperature 43*C

Associate
OP
bbreezeuk said:
@ jleo i dont understand what you mean by 'lapped'

The Heat sink must not have been completely smooth the lapping process envolves sanding the hinksink with 3-4 different grades of sandpaper to a much more mirror like finish.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
mortals said:
I guess to add some extra info peeps could post images of cases or project logs etc :)

******** (shameless pimpage) :D

Yeah that would be cool, you can post anything up to 800x600 larger images will be atomatically resized. Very nice blog by the way how do you find the 6800 le have you played Prey yet? how did it handle it? Ah disregard the game Question I see your Os is Linux limited games support

Last edited:
Soldato
Madgeordie2004 said:
Couldn't you not get the extra vertex shader to work properly?, riveatuner says 16x5, and it should be 16x6.
yer the other vertex shader seemed to be broken :( got image corruption. Don't think it makes that much difference really :).

Associate
Mr spoon temps look scary. I suppose he was looking for a quiet system/fanless system.

A lot of people probably bought the scythe ninja on custom PC's recommendations. Although I would like to see them retest during these hot months and see whether they would still recommend it.

Roll on winter :)

Associate
OP
GoRedwings19 said:
Mr spoon temps look scary. I suppose he was looking for a quiet system/fanless system.

A lot of people probably bought the scythe ninja on custom PC's recommendations. Although I would like to see them retest during these hot months and see whether they would still recommend it.

Roll on winter :)

I changed to the Scythe Ninja Plus on forum members recommedation not to mention a few test reviews that the cooler did very well in, my previous cooler a Freezer 64 was having real trouble keeping my temps below 62°C-65°C loaded in the past week, now I am on 50°C - 55°C.

Associate
Wow!.....comparing my temps to everyone elses they look bad lol, and I'm not even overclocking :eek:

Idle:

Loaded:

Cpu: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D 950
Cpu Speed: 3.4GHz
Vcore: 1.38
Cooling: Gigabyte Neon Cooler 775
Room Temp: 25°C
Idle Temp: 58°C
Loaded Temp: 72°C

I got the pc about 2 months ago but it's never locked up or crashed. I'm a noob when it come too all this sorta stuff. Only when I started looking at all your guys temps did I start to think that well maybe mine are not too good .

Would you guys say I need a new cooler or will it be ok if my system is stable? If you think I do need a new cooloer which one would be best for my cpu?

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably not. Thats one of the fastest Intel dual core cpus, and therefore one of the hottest Intel cpus ever made.

You would need better cooling such as a scythe ninja or water cooling to overclock it i think, and even then it probably won't go much past 3.6 which is the speed of the fastest Intel dual core. The reason these cpus were not clocked any higher than that is the heat.

Back
Top Bottom