Would you do it?

Soldato
One of my friends has offered me his BMW for half a million (£12k) which is exactly what I can sell my TT for. He is a diplomat so did not pay any tax on the car.

At present I drive a 275 bhp convertible TT with lots of mods. My next car was going to be a M3 however I just cant justify that for at last another year.

So would you do it?

Here is the spc:

Engine: 2.5 liters, 197 hp, Gasoline
Speedometer: 41 000 KM
Only one owner
Diplomatic car
Very good condition

Equipment
Titan silver metallic paint
Black leather seats
Automatic transmission
Electric sunroof
Automatic climate control
Cruise control (tempomat)
Xenon headlights
Headlights washer
Park Distance Control
Lumbar support
Multifunction “M” steering wheel
Electric mirrors
Foldable mirrors
Radio/CD Player
On board computer
Powered steering wheel
Adjustable steering wheel
Heated seats
Dynamic Stability Control
Electric windows (front/rear)
Outside temperature indicator
ABS
4X air bags
Central door lock
Immobilizer
Winter tires
Velour and plastic BMW floor mats
All BMW services
Service book
Original BMW tools

Man of Honour
I'd go for the BMW but you've not actually told us what it is?

Could we possible know whether its a 525i, 325i, 325Ci or whatever? Sport or SE? What year?

And it isnt 197bhp its 192bhp.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
I'd go for the BMW but you've not actually told us what it is?

Could we possible know whether its a 525i, 325i, 325Ci or whatever? Sport or SE? What year?

And it isnt 197bhp its 192bhp.

Its a 325 As far as I know they don’t have a sport or SE model here. They have something called the M-Pack which I think is the same as a sport in the uk

Man of Honour
How old is it? If its a 2005 or something its an incredible deal and well worth doing but if its a 2001 or a 2002 or something there would seem to be little point unless you particularly like it.

Soldato
OP
sorry i thought i also put the age in the post also.

Its a 2004, I think he would take around £10.5 to £11k for it.

It’s a nice enough car I was only really looking at it because it looks like a very good deal.

My car is a 2002 but in reality it’s a 2001

Wise Guy
Permabanned
atpbx said:
I hate TT's so i'd bite both his hands off to get rid of one.
Agreed.

But assuming Paras likes his TT or he wouldn't have it, I'd say the answer to his question is ... "Yes, ...... if you want to".

Soldato
OP
Well Paras really does like his TT however I have racked up 100 000 km on the clock and its 5 years old so Im doing the unthinkable and getting rid of a 275 bhp convertible in exchange for an old mans slow automatic. Will post a few pictures tomorrow.

I am going to get rid of the golf first so I will keep the TT and the BMW for a while, but chances are I will get rid of the TT at the end of the summer also and just have the one car.

I will post pics tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
anyone got any links with info on the 325?

EDIT can someone tell me if my my audi alloys will fit on the BMW? they are 235/40/18 ET26 5 stud

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Aside from the machine gun holes down the side and the dodgy looking numberplate it's probably been really well looked after as a diplomatic car. And think of the possibilities on a diplomatic plate, you'll be immune from speeding fines, drink driving and a whole host of other driving offences :D

Probably.

Soldato
OP
Jonny69 said:
Aside from the machine gun holes down the side and the dodgy looking numberplate it's probably been really well looked after as a diplomatic car. And think of the possibilities on a diplomatic plate, you'll be immune from speeding fines, drink driving and a whole host of other driving offences :D

Probably.

Hehe yah I know I have always wanted diplomatic plates not that I have ever taken any notice of Czech law. :)

Soldato
OP
Im just negotiating a deal on it now he is asking for £10 250 I trying to get it down to a ridiculous £9 250

It’s a November 2004
dsc01206qi8.jpg

dsc01211ls0.jpg

dsc01207uu6.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom