Nigerian Scammers reach New Heights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour

I am Mrs. Linda Hoffman from Netherlands. I am married to Dr.Franklyn Hoffman who worked with Chevron Texaco in Togo for twenty years before he died in the year 2003.We were married for twenty-seven years without a child.

He was held hostage and slain to death by protesting youths of the region. Before his death we were both born again Christians. Since his death I decided not to re-marry though due to age. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of (Eight Million six hundred thousand U.S.Dollars) with a security company.

Presently, this money is still with the Security Company as it was deposited as a consignment by my late husband and the management just wrote me as the beneficiary to come forward to claim our consignment or rather issue a letter of authorization to someone as my partner to receive it on my behalf if I can not come over. Meanwhile, they are not aware of its content to be fund or cash as it was declared to them to be family valuables as at the time of its deposit in their custody.

Presently, I'm with my laptop in a hospital where I have been undergoing treatment for cancer of the lungs. I have since lost my ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I have only a few months to live. It is my last wish to see that this money is invested the proceed at the end of every year distributed among charity organization. I want a person that is God fearing that will use this money to fund churches, orphanages and widows propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of God is maintained.

The Bible made us to understand that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because i know that there are a lot of poor people suffering from different kind of disease, mal-nutrition and nobody to come to their aid. With God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Security Company and introduce you as our family partner who could take care of our belonging.

I will also issue you a letter of authority that will prove you as the new beneficiary of this consignment Fund and you will be free to invest in any lucrative business that could be profitable in order for us to achieve our objective of promoting the works of our lord and orphanages homes. You will be entitled to 10% of every profit you make in a year.

Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hoping to hearing from you soon while you get back to me through this email

Waiting for your reply yours in Christ,

Mrs.Linda Hoffman.

Caporegime
What's the difference between this and all the other 419 scams?

The scam is the same, the format is the same - The prose is almost exactly the same, just with a few name changes (just like a Dan Brown novel).

Permabanned
Evil-Penguin said:
The only difference I can see is that the spelling is perfect :o

dmpoole said:
Hoping to hearing from you soon while you get back to me through this email

Not quite.

Linda Hoffman is a babe (she has Hoff in her name so she has to be), email her back and ask for her mobile number.

Permabanned
Bezinator said:
Before i put restrictions on my eBay account i got loads of people winning my items from Nigeria asking me to send it to there son yada yada yada :(

Anyone who names their son Yada Yada Yada should be reported to the UN imo.

Caporegime
dmpoole said:
Personally I have never seen one from a christian/charity/god/dying from cancer side.
I get about 20 a week and they are all the 'I have money I need to get out' type letters.
Allow me to edify and enlighten you, in that case. 419 scams quite often draw on current events for their back story, as well as using stories that tug on the heart strings. There's also speculation that there are spoof 419 scams, with no motive to defraud, with the ends being solely the act of duping the public.

I have not, however, received a single mail.
Spacky said:
Anyone who names their son Yada Yada Yada should be reported to the UN imo.
You have made my morning. Or, at the very least, you have illicited an amused huffy sound.

Permabanned
Mrs.Linda Hoffman said:
yours in Christ.

ya know, if they ever stop speaking like pychos_for_jesus then I may have to tweak my spam filter.
As it is, they stand out like a sore thumb in bottle of acid.

dumb lexical email analysis was invented for stupid people like this

Associate
You got one as well? She must be well loaded.

I'll report back on any success, I've just sent her £300 so she can travel across Nigeria to the bank where the money is.

Permabanned
Hey you guys!!!!

I have a superlendid plan.

Instead of stitching a scammer up, stitch two scammers up.

Email the one the other ones contact info and vice versa voila.

Thats the basis of the plan but it can be built upon.

Pure genius!

Tru

Tru

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:
rofl (loved the implication, intentional or not, that dan brown is a nigerian scammer :D)

He sure has made a lot of money from writing formulaic BS.
haw.gif

Man of Honour
With God all things are possible.

Get him to cure the little children of their disease and malnutrition then.

Why do these people even bother, does anyone actually fall for such scams anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom