About to buy eclipse 62, have question tho

Associate
Just about to buy the aclipse 62 with window as I have a lot of uv stuff in my case at moment.
I have seen this new thermal designed side with fan for it tho and as I have sli would it be beneficial to get this?
Does it dramatically lower temps or would the normal eclipse 62 case be alright and keep my kit nice and cool?

Soldato
The normal cooling should be able to handle the SLI fine, but the extra fan on the side panel would lower temperatures down even further.

Depends on how much you value insane temps really, one is very low, the other is even lower.

Soldato
marv_1 said:
I think I will stick with the window and see how temps are.
Pity that they didnt do a window one with the fan in, best of both worlds then.
Yeah that would be a good edition to their line. I think the normal cooling should be fine, just make sure you get some decent fans in there.

Mark

Soldato
I think the Akasa LED fans are quite loud and i dont like the yellow ribbon around the fan either, my mate has one and doesn't like it. Apparently the silenx fans are good, i think they do an LED version but they are quite pricey. I have a 140mm aerocool fan in my eclipse and its great but needs modification to fit.

Ambers are nice and quiet at 5v and 7v but dont push masses of air at this voltage, especially with the front fan filter on. I have an amber in the front @ 5v, its nice and quiet and keeps my HDD at a cool 28oc so not too bad. I have a single 6800GT clocked to ultra speeds and that idles @ 48oc.

I'll dig out a pic of my mates Eclipse with the Akasa led fan fitted. Hmm there seems to be a lot of us eclipse owners about lol.

Mark

Soldato
picture050vr8.jpg

Here is my mates PC, ive just noticed he has an Amber up front as well.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom