parking ticket

Soldato
I'll quickly explain....

Was driving to one of our offices near Paddington St. in town and stopped on a zig zag line in front of the office to run in and grab the keys to the car park.

Was only in the office for 20 seconds.

Came back out and a parking warden was photographing my car. I got in and drove round into the car park.

I have now recieved a PCN via the leasing company for £100 as I did not pay the reduced rate.

Now surely its invalid as I never got the first PCN and it was not attached to the car anyway???

/rant over :mad:

Soldato
OP
no choice unless I parked in the middle of the road and got the key ;)

But then why should I not have the chance to pay the reduced fee whatever that was, when its their own fault as the ticket was not on the car! :)

Soldato
Teledude said:
I'll quickly explain....

Was driving to one of our offices near Paddington St. in town and stopped on a zig zag line in front of the office to run in and grab the keys to the car park.

Was only in the office for 20 seconds.

Could you not have pulled into the car park entrance and either then gone and got the keys or phoned for someone to bring them out?

Soldato
OP
stopping at the car park entrance would have blocked a busy london road for 5 minutes whilst I went back to the office to get the key though...

Soldato
I'd get onto the lease company if I were you and ask them how they managed to get this to you but not the original fine.

Obviously somewhere along the line something has not been forwarded or lost in the post.

Soldato
There is nothing you can do. You parked illegally and got a ticket - there is no disputing that.
Because you drove off, you weren't issued the ticket personally, but that makes no difference and it still needs to be paid.
Most hire companies pay the fine and then seek the money from you afterwards (adding on a handling charge). It might be worth checking the contract you have with the hire company to see what it says there.

Soldato
OP
ive spoken to the council and its invalid as nothing was handed to me but its come through as the warden has noted he handed it to me :eek:

this could be a long battle!

Associate
Teledude said:
ive spoken to the council and its invalid as nothing was handed to me but its come through as the warden has noted he handed it to me :eek: QUOTE]

Surely thats your word against his unless he has somehow evidence that this occured and there's no doubts in the eyes of the law?? Perhaps due to that fact it will be dropped??

Fire..

Soldato
Teledude said:
Yes its my word against his but im not paying a liar.
I'm not disputing he's a liar (assuming what you've said is true) but you appear to be losing sight of the fact that you were parked illegally. Justify it all you like but at the end of the day you broke the law and got fined.

You also admit to driving off before the warden could attach the notice to your car, how is this any different from someone who returns to their car to find a notice, rips it off and throws it away?

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
I'm not disputing he's a liar (assuming what you've said is true) but you appear to be losing sight of the fact that you were parked illegally. Justify it all you like but at the end of the day you broke the law and got fined.

You also admit to driving off before the warden could attach the notice to your car, how is this any different from someone who returns to their car to find a notice, rips it off and throws it away?

What you miss is the fact he got fined a higher rate, and never got a chance to pay the initial one... I would be willing to pay the normal one, its a risk you take, but not have to pay a 2nd rate because the first one has gone fairies

Associate
If you return to your car and drive off before the ticket is attached to it the ticket is not valid, they will try and make you pay but if you stand your ground they will back off failing that use the appeals procedure.

Or make a post on this forum for better advice
http://www.traffic-answers.com/forum/index.php

By the way was it local council or police? Because here in Bristol the council can not ticket you for parking on zig zags at crossing it is still down to the police. So check in your area not all parking offenses have been handed over to the local council

Last edited:
Soldato
chenko said:
What you miss is the fact he got fined a higher rate, and never got a chance to pay the initial one
Well maybe he should have waited whilst the warden finished and gave him a ticket rather than scarpering!

Back
Top Bottom