First Car Suggestions :)

Soldato
Hi, I posted a thread a while ago concerning this very topic. I am currently a good 13 lessons into my driving, enjoying it a lot and have been told to start looking to practice for a test in the next month or 2.

For this practice and experience I will be driving my mum's Clip Sport, insurance on that being put on, on sunday.

Obviously I am happy with this and i don't want to go shelling out for a car if i can use this until i pass, and a few months after.

However i realise that sharing with my mum will have its shortcomings, and thus i need to see about getting my own car, in the next month or after passing my test.

I have a budget in mind for this, top end being £3,000. A combination of tax rebates, saving and wage along with money from my parents that they have ready.

What i am looking for is a good starting car for myself to last a good few years, hopefully being good for uni as I will be staying at home most likly :)

So with the budget in mind what are your suggestions for a first car?

Thanks

Soldato
if you're happy with how the clio drives im sure you can get a nice 51/02 model for your budget.

I would recommend a 1.25 fiesta though

edit - look for leccy windows etc etc

Soldato
OP
I am desperate to get a shot of my mums clio, i think its a very nice car and will keep them in mind when making my choice :) 306? what am i looking for down this route?

Soldato
If you are going to be doing milage there is the 1.9TD. If not you got the 1.6 petrol to go for. You will get around a 2000 car in your budget. Can get a good spec so will have mod cons you want.

Also you can just get the Focus.

Edit, Changed the 2000/2001 to 2000 only ask Fox is having a paddy over msn. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
L0rdMike said:
For my first car I had a 1.25 Fiesta Ghia. The engine aint to bad for what it is and it has all the Ghia luxurys. Maybe worth a look at?

indeed... a nice 1.25 fiesta ghia can be had for 1-2k. rest for insurance. cant go wrong. :D

Back
Top Bottom