200MPH Radio Controlled Jet

Soldato
That is cool. It must take someone of extreme patience and skills to controll that.

I once both the f27 (similar shape but electric motors instead) it was cabable of up to 50mph ....needless to say i crashed it on first flight. :o

Last edited:
Associate
That’s using Jetcat p80 turbines, £1,900 eesh I just wouldn’t want to risk it. Imagine us playing with our pc’s knowing a flat battery, kamikaze pigeon or any mistake makes it blow up.

Associate
A friend of mine in London builds these for fun, the jet engines are seriously amazing. Watching them fly is very impressive. Needless to say it's not a cheap hobby, he and his dad have more then 10 of them.

Soldato
ElRazur said:
That is cool. It must take someone of extreme patience and skills to controll that.

I once both the f27 (similar shape but electric motors instead) it was cabable of up to 50mph ....needless to say i crashed it on first flight. :o

Not really, just have to be able to think ahead. A 3D plane is much harder to fly and in my opinion a lot more amazing to watch.

Soldato
saitrix said:
Not really, just have to be able to think ahead. A 3D plane is much harder to fly and in my opinion a lot more amazing to watch.

I guess so, most of the flying ive done with the entry levels model, where you control UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT (is that the right term?) I must admit, buying the f27 was more of a pulse buying thing and i dont think i was ready for the 3d flight.
Perhaps im gonna give it ago again of these sunny days. The thought of wasting 120pounds aint plesant... :p

Soldato
ElRazur said:
I guess so, most of the flying ive done with the entry levels model, where you control UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT (is that the right term?) I must admit, buying the f27 was more of a pulse buying thing and i dont think i was ready for the 3d flight.
Perhaps im gonna give it ago again of these sunny days. The thought of wasting 120pounds aint plesant... :p

No that isnt the right term's being used. You have :

Throttle, Elevator, Aileron and Rudder.

Correct use of them combined gives you your direction you want.

I wasn't meaning 3D flying in the way you think. I'm talking moves being done in a post stall high alpha orientation.

You can get yourself a fine trainer for ~£70.

Soldato
been flying rc planes and helis for 6 yrs now, and a guy at our club just bought a model (£320) which does 180mph. I flew it last sunday, very nice, small model though, only on a electric motor as well.

Electric brushless motors and Li-Po battery packs are the new boy on the block, I have a flying wing, that does 160mph and will go more when i change the motor and I am drawing 60 amps on full throttle. Which is a hell of a lot of power and thats on a 5"x5" prop, great stuff. Love speed but also aerobatic is more my thing.

nice video as well, seen plenty of them, turbines are not cheap, but sound amazing. your looking around £3500 for a average model with jet turbine if you have nothing to start with. Mind you, it's not the best thing to learn to fly on, although some of course do.

Soldato
Wing is from EdgeRC in the USA, called the Devestator

2 metal geared Mini servo's from GWS, imported from the USA again, incredibly strong and powerfull servo's. Need some strong when wanting to turn at high speed.

Castle Creations Phoenix 60 ESC

1 x 2100Mah 3 cell Li-Po pack at 20C constant and 30C bursts (will add another one in paralell soon to enable me to remove some of the lead i am using for balance in the nose and give a bit longer flight times. Trouble is those battery packs are £50 a time.

Brushless Motor---well did start with a Mega Motor 16/15/4
but now trying a HET 4W, incredibly powerfull and a touch cheaper than the Mega Motors.

Small Futaba receiver.

At present 5 x 5 prop APC, but going to play around with AMP meter and other props and see if anything can give me better speed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom