peugeot 206 spark plug replacement

Soldato
hi guys :)

im gonna have a go at servicing my car myself :D and will be buying a haynes manual at some point but i want to check the spark plugs first

does anyone know how to remove them? i think i know where they are but dont want to get it wrong :p

its a 1.6 8v W reg (2000) if that helps, although i would imagine the 1.1 and 1.4 8v are the same :)

Soldato
You need a proper spark plug removal tool.

A 6 sided socket (can't remember what side) but with a rubber seal built into the socket.

The seal grips hold of the plug allowing you to remove it easily.

I bought a 3/8" socket set from Halfords for around £20. Best £20 I've ever spent :)

Just be careful you don't ruin the thread when putting new spark plugs in. I usually use the spark plug socket on an extension bar to place the plug in the head, and then wind it in by hand until I know it's straight.

Soldato
Acolyte said:
Do the plugs hand tight, then turn them 1/4 of a turn more, just dont over tighten them or you will be ******. :)
You really ought to do them to the correct torque specified by the haynes manual. Torque wrenches are that expensive (if you don't go to halfords) and it's best to get things right if you can.

Soldato
OP
thanks guys, i think i will invest in a removal tool, best to do things properly :)

does anyone know how to removet them from my car though? ive had a prod but if anyone else has the same car (dup?:) ) and has done the plugs any tips would be fantastic thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom