New Case Suggestions

Associate
Heya guys I was origionally going to get a CM Stacker 810 when I had the money but still cannot afford it atm (Bloody driving lessons taking over £100 a month lol) then I saw the CM Stacker 830 and was going to go with that since it has the 4 fans on a door which could bring air into the case onto the cards and motherboard quite nicely.

But have done some looking into the 830 and from what I heard its a complete waste of money :(

So Is the CM Stacker 810 Still a good case for cooling because I was gonna get some fans for the front of hte case and 1 for the back but I want maximum cooling as possible for my graphocs card and hard drives.

atm just browsing internet and such my graphics card is at 57"c at 100% fan usage.

CPU is at 44"c
M/B is at 38"c

The only fans I got in my crappy old small case with wires everywhere is on the CPU/GFX Card and chipset on motherboard.

Unless someone has tried an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe in the 830 and everything fits ok :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
People have been mentioning the Akasa Eclipse Case.

I had a few questions about it though.

1. How good is it at keeping temperatures low as I get very nervous when it comes to seeing my CPU+Motherboard above 40"c.

2. The length of the case worries me I was interested in the stackers as they seem to be the longest case because I have a 7800GTX and with the additional power supply needed to the card there is only about 3-5cm gap between the end of that and the begining of the HDD Power Connector.

3. Where is the Fan Duct supposed to go ???

4. What fans would you reccommend getting I was looking at the Akasa Amber 120mm Fans.

Also keep in mind I do not overclock I just want temps as low as possible so need a much cooling as possible through fans.

PS
Could anyone (If they have a PCI-E Graphics card (7800GTX Would Help)) post a picture of the inside of thier case so I can get an idea of how far the gfx card is away from the HDD's at the front of the case as the space between the 2 is a great concern of mine.

Last edited:
Soldato
The asus would fit in the 830. Not worth it AT ALL though!

You have a Stacker 810 at the moment? A case that cools better potentially than the 830.

What are your system specs, nothing seems to bad with your temperatures to me, all well within safe limits for most hardware.

Associate
OP
I do not have a Stacker 810.

I said I was thinking about getting one but then saw the 830.

Still dont have enough cash for either :(

This is a picture of the inside of my case.

Inside Whole Case
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/alphaomega16/21072006139.jpg

Space Between HDD Compartment and the back of my graphics card
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/alphaomega16/21072006140.jpg

lol I was wrong I forgot I couldnt fit the HDD in the bay accross from the gfx card because there was no room for the power connector.

Oh specs are
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
2GB Corsair XMS Memory
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Sound Card
nVidia Geforce 7800GTX (Leadtek)

Thats about it apart from the stuff like Lan Card/TV Card HDD and DVDRom

Last edited:
Soldato
Well a PC7+ would be an ideal cheap solution, would drastically decrease temperatures I think, seems you have no rear fan?

Or the Antec Super Lanboy, both cheap and would do what you want well, the Lanboy is very very good value for money as is the PC7+.

Soldato
Akasa Eclipse is a very good bet, as is the PC7+ as they will fit, or you can put your hard drives in the floppy bay holder.

Plenty of room in one, and only £55 for a all aluminium case!

pc7%20(28).jpg

Associate
alphaomega16 said:
People have been mentioning the Akasa Eclipse Case.

I had a few questions about it though.

1. How good is it at keeping temperatures low as I get very nervous when it comes to seeing my CPU+Motherboard above 40"c.

2. The length of the case worries me I was interested in the stackers as they seem to be the longest case because I have a 7800GTX and with the additional power supply needed to the card there is only about 3-5cm gap between the end of that and the begining of the HDD Power Connector.

3. Where is the Fan Duct supposed to go ???

4. What fans would you reccommend getting I was looking at the Akasa Amber 120mm Fans.

Also keep in mind I do not overclock I just want temps as low as possible so need a much cooling as possible through fans.

PS
Could anyone (If they have a PCI-E Graphics card (7800GTX Would Help)) post a picture of the inside of thier case so I can get an idea of how far the gfx card is away from the HDD's at the front of the case as the space between the 2 is a great concern of mine.

1. It is a superb case for cooling. I'm sure Yewan will agree it's one of the best on the market.

2. The case is very deep. The pictures make it look very small. Here's a picture of mine before I tidied the cables. You can tell how deep it is by the distance between the motherboard and Hard drive enclosures.

IMG_0045.jpg

3. Fan Duct is supposed to go on the back of the case. A bit like the Lian Li S80.

4. I've got the Ambers and work very well. You might also want to consider the YS-Techs as well.

Soldato
And as usual the PC7+ V Akasa Eclipse 62 debate starts. :)

Two of the best cases ever made, PC7+ cools a little worse, slightly smaller but built better and looks better. Only differences between the cases.

I am on the Lian Li camp, both of these cases can handle anything you throw at them, the Eclipse slightly easier with a lot of hardware though.

The Eclipse is also great for watercooling. :)

Caporegime
hmmm always like the pc7 but imo the ecplise does look better. Love how its black inside.

Altough yewen complains about the plastic front (he'd find something to complain about if it wasn't a lian li :p ) which i think looks good anyway. Supposingly cools better too.

Altough if it came to it i think i would buy the pc7, lol don't know why though :p

Associate
Yewen said:
And as usual the PC7+ V Akasa Eclipse 62 debate starts. :)

Two of the best cases ever made, PC7+ cools a little worse, slightly smaller but built better and looks better. Only differences between the cases.

I am on the Lian Li camp, both of these cases can handle anything you throw at them, the Eclipse slightly easier with a lot of hardware though.

The Eclipse is also great for watercooling. :)

I had the same decesion to make and it took me a month to decide. Think it comes down to what you want from the case. Went for the Akasa since I will be looking to add another hard drive to my set-up soon and felt the additional size was more suited to that set-up (2x74gb Raptors plus a 250gb).

Both cases are built to a high quality although like you say the Lian Li is the better one. If only Akasa had spent a bit more time on the front :D

alphaomega, If you not going to add to your two hard drives then the Lian Li would be a perfect case for you.

Associate
OP
begbo said:
yewens is a pc7+ and moodys is an eclipse. Both very nice cases :p

Ah thanks.

Well the eclipse's Dimensions are Dim: 460 x 240 x 560 am I right in assuming the Length is 560 ?

Size or weight of case isnt a factor for me as I will take whats best but the Eclipse doesnt actually look that bad and I was thinkning that the Thermal Side would be better than the Window.

I am also thinking about getting a neon strip to go on the inside so I can view the inside of the case without a torch or tilting over in the direction of the lightbulb in my room lol

Edit
Also Moody if you come back what graphics cards u got in that machine ?

Another Edit
Would it be a good idea to get a fan controller so I can adjust the speed of the fans installed ?

If so can u reccommend a good looking one thats easy to set up and use.

Last edited:
Associate
Yewen said:
Akasa Eclipse is a very good bet, as is the PC7+ as they will fit, or you can put your hard drives in the floppy bay holder.

Plenty of room in one, and only £55 for a all aluminium case!

pc7%20(28).jpg

Wow you go on and on about that case but look at the distance between the hard drive and graphics card?, I have more room in my SUGO case for the graphics card than you have in the PC-7, and putting the hard drives in the floppy bay is not a solution, they will get hot...you seem to give negatives about other cases like stacker 830, but i never hear you give negatives about the PC-7 or eclipse case, also the Lian Li V1000, it has the same graphics card problem right?...not even distance betten the PCI-E power connector and 5 1/4 drives.., hmm not to sound negative but the cases you mention like the S80 and eclipse are pretty ugly cases, expecially the eclipse one of the ugliest cases I ahve seen, in terms of looks the Stacker 830 will blow it away, so would the Coolermaster Ammo, which would be a good recommendation as an alternative over the Lanboy, have you even got an Ammo yet?..., you migth actually like it...

Soldato
meansizzler said:
Wow you go on and on about that case but look at the distance between the hard drive and graphics card?, I have more room in my SUGO case for the graphics card than you have in the PC-7, {snip}

What GPU have you got?
If I'm not wrong,t hat's a x1900 card, longer than typical graphics card...

Associate
Dr Jones said:
What GPU have you got?
If I'm not wrong,t hat's a x1900 card, longer than typical graphics card...

I have an X1800XT, same length as X1900 near enough length of mobo 9.6", but thing about SUGO is it has room on top of hard drive bay where the PCI-E cable plugs in direct and sits nice and cosy...the PC-7 does not have no room, is it me or is the card installed in the second slot not the first?...

Associate
alphaomega16 said:
Ah thanks.

Well the eclipse's Dimensions are Dim: 460 x 240 x 560 am I right in assuming the Length is 560 ?

Size or weight of case isnt a factor for me as I will take whats best but the Eclipse doesnt actually look that bad and I was thinkning that the Thermal Side would be better than the Window.

I am also thinking about getting a neon strip to go on the inside so I can view the inside of the case without a torch or tilting over in the direction of the lightbulb in my room lol

Edit
Also Moody if you come back what graphics cards u got in that machine ?

Another Edit
Would it be a good idea to get a fan controller so I can adjust the speed of the fans installed ?

If so can u reccommend a good looking one thats easy to set up and use.

I've currently got the normal side but going to get the thermal one since the fan goes directly over the graphics card and from other peoples opions is worth getting. Also it is 560cm deep.

Also the graphics card is a 7950 GX2 which is why it's so big and long. So the fact these still a lot of space between that and the hard drives shows you how deep the case is.

And lastly I've got the akasa fan control and it works very well with the ambers. Also if you have a beige/white dvd drives you might want to invest in some black bazels since akasa unforunately don't supply any with the case.

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot moody (lol that sounds like I am being jerk) what model of akasa fan control are you using because I have also been looking at the
Akasa AK FC-03 Fan Controller Pro since it controls up to 4 fans

Also wouldnt mind seeing u r CPU/Mobo Temps and where you have the intake/outake fans since I think I am going to get the Akasa Case.

had to put a space between u and r because for some reason when I put them together this happens **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom