Grr M2N32-SLI Deluxe - Wont Boot (Beeps)

Associate
Grr just spent the best part of £1k updating system
and wont bloody boot.

When I turn on power I get [BEEP] GAP [BEEP,BEEP]

Now looking online this says Graphics Adapter Fail/No Monitor Cable

But i've rebuilt my old system and everything working, both cards,

I've tried one card only, swapped them around and tried both cards in SLI but still wont boot

Spec

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
2 x XFX 7900GTX - Extreme Editions
2Gig (2x1024) Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 Extreme
AMD Athlon 64bit FX62 Dual Core

Anyone HELP so annoying, wanna get booted

P.S also tried it with one stick of mem.

- Chris

Associate
OP
I totally lied!!!!

Tried both sticks of ram now, In Channel A1 B1 wont boot same beepy error, put it in A1 A2 and it boots posting 2gig, how ever this is now dual channel so a lot of performance loss, updated bios and still same, both sticks work on their own any ideas?

SouthYorkieLad said:
Grr just spent the best part of £1k updating system
and wont bloody boot.

When I turn on power I get [BEEP] GAP [BEEP,BEEP]

Now looking online this says Graphics Adapter Fail/No Monitor Cable

But i've rebuilt my old system and everything working, both cards,

I've tried one card only, swapped them around and tried both cards in SLI but still wont boot

Spec

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
2 x XFX 7900GTX - Extreme Editions
2Gig (2x1024) Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 Extreme
AMD Athlon 64bit FX62 Dual Core

Anyone HELP so annoying, wanna get booted

P.S also tried it with one stick of mem.

- Chris

Soldato
SouthYorkieLad said:
I totally lied!!!!

Tried both sticks of ram now, In Channel A1 B1 wont boot same beepy error, put it in A1 A2 and it boots posting 2gig, how ever this is now dual channel so a lot of performance loss, updated bios and still same, both sticks work on their own any ideas?

Ok, a few things;

1. Its single channel not dual
  2. No it isnt a huge performance loss
  3. Tried it in another rig, memetested them?
  4. Are they set to the correct voltage and latencys?

Associate
lay-z-boy said:
Ok, a few things;

1. Its single channel not dual
  2. No it isnt a huge performance loss
  3. Tried it in another rig, memetested them?
  4. Are they set to the correct voltage and latencys?

I had the same board and know exactly what the problem is...its the memory. Only the ddr2 xms2 667 2gb kit works with the board properly. All corsair ram is supposed to work...but doesnt. 800mhz ram doesnt work properly with the board, tried and tested.

As soon as I went down to the xms2 667 ive had no troubles...Im hoping conroe isnt as picky. Gskill ram wont work at all with that board...

Associate
OP
kyhoola said:
I had the same board and know exactly what the problem is...its the memory. Only the ddr2 xms2 667 2gb kit works with the board properly. All corsair ram is supposed to work...but doesnt. 800mhz ram doesnt work properly with the board, tried and tested.

As soon as I went down to the xms2 667 ive had no troubles...Im hoping conroe isnt as picky. Gskill ram wont work at all with that board...

Updated to latest bios and everything all working!....... Phew!

Associate
kyhoola said:

As I am thinking of buying one of these boards, what is the make or OC part number for the memory I need?

Associate
OP
Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-8500C5 TwinX (2x1GB) (MY-109-CS)

Price: £301.95 (£354.79 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Expensive stuff,. but really good quality

once you get that board, you have to boot it with one stick in, go into bios, stick in ** floopy, and load newest bios, as it has its FLASH utlity built in the bios which is really useful, then reboot and stick in othermem dual channel

also with that CPU it comes up as Unkown AMD CPU, and clocks it at 1.67Ghz, but the new bios also sorts that out! thanks god!... and get the full 2.8 dual core :p

- Chris

Back
Top Bottom