*cough* Millionaire, fraud episode *cough* tonight. *Cough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
So how would you have cheated to win a million pounds? And get away with it of course. :)
Bionic implants connecting you to the net perhaps? Maybe a miniature encyclopedia hidden in the palm of your hand?

tell us how you would do it, then watch the pros cheat tonight at 9pm. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Should be quite interesting seeing this.

1 thing i will say though is bear in mind that ITV is going to make this very biased against the major.

heres another talking point: suppose he only won quarter or half a million, would he still have been caught?

Pete

Soldato
get someone within the company that makes the software, download all the answers/questions, then use a miniature ear device so the guy that has the answers will be able to tell them to the guy in the show

Associate
I was maybe thinking of attaching some sort of buzzer/vibrating thing on the inside of your leg (i don't think they're gonna frisk you around there :)) that is controlled by a member of the audience.

The audience member (your friend) has his mobile on rigged to some sort of mic that can pick up the questions, which is being relayed back to a "google master" at another location.

The answer then gets transmitted back to the phone guy, who presses the buzzer/vibrator 1,2,3 or 4 times corresponding to A,B,C or D.

No coughing here, just a gentle buzzing feeling between your legs ;) + an easy £1,000,000.

Pj

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Originally posted by growse
Dammit I have no tv. Could someone capture this? I'd really like to see it.

well my digicam record 63 secs of video, i can switch between xfering to pc in 30 secs after recording then back to another muinute of video

rofl :)

Associate
Originally posted by growse
Dammit I have no tv. Could someone capture this? I'd really like to see it.

I can imagine it will go something like this:

"lets watch the show again"

Chris: "what is the colour of the sky, A: Green, B: Red, C: Orange, D: Blue"

Major chappy: "erm...a tough one chris....hmmm"

Chris: "what do your instincts tell you"

Guy in audience: *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*

Major chappy: *mumbles* "4 coughs = D"

Chris: "what did you say?"

Major chappy: "erm...D: blue"

Chris: "are you absolutly sure...not green?"

Major chappy: "Yes...final answer"

music, drumroll etc...

Chris: "I can tell you that you did have £100....you now have £200"

Repeat another 14 times etc...

Pj

Soldato
Originally posted by Pj·uK
I was maybe thinking of attaching some sort of buzzer/vibrating thing on the inside of your leg (i don't think they're gonna frisk you around there :)) that is controlled by a member of the audience.

The audience member (your friend) has his mobile on rigged to some sort of mic that can pick up the questions, which is being relayed back to a "google master" at another location.

The answer then gets transmitted back to the phone guy, who presses the buzzer/vibrator 1,2,3 or 4 times corresponding to A,B,C or D.

No coughing here, just a gentle buzzing feeling between your legs ;) + an easy £1,000,000.

Pj

Thats very good idea, but I presume they will scan the airways for any radio signals?

Soldato
I can't believe anybody would want to watch this, I expect they'll enhance the coughs and get all sorts of criminologists in to examine his facial expressions and crap like that. I'd rather they just showed it as if it were a normal show 'cos Millionaire is fun.

Soldato
Might have to set the video for this, will either be interesting, or a load of rubbish!!

I read the blurb in the choices bit of the radio times about the programme, and they make a point of the last question, which he got right - What is the number 1x10^100 known as. a) megatron, b) numptywotsit, c) thingumy, d) a googol - as being something nobody should get right ever....but I know it's a googol, and I'm 18...!

Actually, I don't think it's actually called a googol really, in Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' (really good book btw!) he hypothesises about stuff like this, and takes the number 1x10^100, and says - for the sake of clarity, let's pretend this number is called a googol....so the programme was actually wrong, coz it's not a real number type thing....

</end rant>
:p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Ex-RoNiN
Go on, you can do it :D :p

OH WAIT!

I just realised I can use window movie maker to capture it direct from my digicam :p - 320x240 res though @ 30fps so if thats ok i can upload it to webspace and you can stream it off there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom