• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA @ OcUK !!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Several members have requested EVGA in the past but the answer has always been NO. Well during the last month I've been discussing possibilities with OcUK selling EVGA and OcUK has barted a great deal with EVGA.

Some highlights of EVGA product:-

• 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty - Customer deals directly with EVGA from Day 1
  • 90 Day Step Up Programme
  • 24/7 Email Support
  • Highly Overclocked products out of the box
  • Competitive prices

Now EVGA have proper offices in the UK and Europe they are able to handle end-users and offer what is now probably the best support service of any graphics card manufacturer.

One of the great aspects of EVGA is the 90 day step up programme. Basically when you purchase a card from OcUK it will come with a coupon in the box and with this you have 90 days from date of purchase to upgrade your product to any other product in EVGA's range. This is something you do directly with EVGA, not the reseller! You basically call up EVGA who will request a copy of your invoice so they can note how much you paid for your card and they will then look at the product you wish to upgrade to on the Etailors website where you purchased your EVGA card. Then EVGA will request you pay the price difference to themselves and they collect your old card and ship you the new card out.

So some good products with some unique and highly overclocked products backed up by a great warranty and upgrade service.

You will also see the prices are now very competitive compared with other brands but you get so much more. :)

Caporegime
This is great news for me... FINALLY us UK customer can take advantage of the bloomin step-up program! Thanks Gibbo, I dion't think i'm alone in saying how welcome this is. :D

Soldato
I emailed their support a while back as I was considering buying one from a competitor. I submitted the online form, 2minutes later refreshed my inbox and there was the response. If their RMA support is anywhere near that good then they're well worth dealing with :)

edit: Pretty sure these cards are still covered by the warranty if you replace the vga cooler as long as the damage isn't caused by the change as well?

From another forum:

Just a little note for those that might want to know.
I just got off the phone with EVGA warranty customer service, and I asked them (Jacob) if changing the cooling soultion voided the warrenty on their cards and he told me as long as you don't damage the card or the stock HSF and reinstall the stock HSF in original condition when you request a RMA, you will not void the warranty. I went on to tell him that I was planning on water cooling a new EVGA card and he re-stated that it was not a problem, just keep the stock HSF for RMA reasons.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
young lad said:
Will they be in before september as thats when i do my next upgrade :)

They are in stock now!

As you can see their prices are now as competitive as the other brands we sell, yet you get such a better warranty service and option to upgrade. :)

Soldato
Great stuff :D

EVGA has the best warrenty, covers everything bar physical damage iirc. So you can clock it to hell and back, take off the stock cooler and what have you.. and it still remains under warranty :p

If thats not good I don't know what is :D

Man of Honour
The step-up program sounds good for people who buy a product shortly before something better comes along, but for normal people looking to upgrade the 30-day period is probably too short.

Actually thinking about it the best feature of this is probably when price cuts come into play. e.g.:

Buy 7600GT for £130
In a couple of months, 7900GT drops to £150
Upgrade to 7900GT for £20.

Of course, the downside would be that you could potentially be without a graphics card for a while, depending on what the turnaround is.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Also you can only use the step programme once.

So buy new card from OcUK. Upgrade it within 90 days and pay difference direct with EVGA. Then buy next card from OcUK and have ability to do 90 day upgrade again......

OcUK Staff
OP
CS||nuTs said:
Spotted it just after posting! On the phone waiting :D Finally get to RMA my 6800GT i got from the states :)

Lets us know your outcome as EVGA Europe might tell you to go and do one. As normally they have different regions so a US product won't be covered by Europes region......

Soldato
For anyone that has not used a eVGA card before,i can tell you from personal experience that they are [imo] better or at least on a par with the likes of XFX,BFG etc.My 6800GT went well passed 6800Ultra speeds on stock cooling with little increase in both noise or heat.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
[*]10 Year Manufacturer Warranty - Customer deals directly with EVGA from Day 1

thats the only reason why ocuk bothered to get evga stuff in. far less hassle for ocuk to deal with. all ocuk has to do is sell the product then forget about it, let the manufacturer deal with any problems after.

a very very wise business strategy im shocked ocuk didn;t catch on a few years ago.

OcUK Staff
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
thats the only reason why ocuk bothered to get evga stuff in. far less hassle for ocuk to deal with. all ocuk has to do is sell the product then forget about it, let the manufacturer deal with any problems after.

a very very wise business strategy im shocked ocuk didn;t catch on a few years ago.

OcUK is only doing these now as before EVGA warranty did not work in the UK so great, but now EVGA have taken onboard staff and offices literally in the last month in the UK.

So now we feel that EVGA can deliver their promises and as such OcUK now sells the product. :)

Back
Top Bottom