RIP

Soldato
*controversial*

Most people don't sprint onto a train when police with guns shout at them to stop though?

*/controversial*

but seriously it was a tragic accident... I don't think it would be fair to hold the actual officers responsible for it like the family are trying to do...

Associate
I still don't get why the officers who did the shooting are close to being charged with manslaughter. They were given the green light by a superior officer to open fire and were just doing thier job.

Mistake or not

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Superdude said:
I still don't get why the officers who did the shooting are close to being charged with manslaughter. They were given the green light by a superior officer to open fire and were just doing thier job.

Mistake or not
I wouldn't have thought this was the thread for that debate .... or the day for it. The debate about exactly who did what, and why, really ought to wait for the publication of the CPS enquiry which, of course, won't happen while criminal charges are pending. Personally, I can't help but suspect that the decision to bring some obscure Health and Safety charges against the Met (and 'coincidentally', thereby preventing that report going into the public domain while those charges are pending, which could be a year or two) is just a little bit suspicious.

I have some questions, personally, over what happened that day. But whatever went wrong, Jean Charles didn't deserve what happened to him.

RIP, J-C.

Soldato
big_white_dog84 said:
Not the first victim of trigger happy armed police, and he won't be the last.

Two others spring to mind - the naked man on his balcony and the Scottish 'Irishman' carrying the table leg.

You clearly don't know the facts of either of those cases (specifically, the latter one).

RIP.

Back
Top Bottom