Bad day at the rollers

Associate
Well just got back from the rolling road and all is not well by the look of things

186.9BHP - Should be pushing 215
140Torque

Surely this is not right .

BHP there is a flat spot of about 400rpm before VTEC which kicks in at 5600rpm
Torque there is a 10lb drop just before VTEC then shots back up to 140

Will scan the print out later but major annoyed at the results to be honest as they should be higher

Associate
OP
Psycrow said:
Glad I didn't buy it now ;)

On a more serious note, what have you changed from standard? Could the rollers just be out?

Only an induction kit has been put on it

They could be out because an s2000 with a few grand spent on it only pulled 210bhp

Man of Honour
Apologies for an obvious question, but you're not looking at the 'at the wheels' figure are you?..

Have you ever had the car on rollers elsewhere for a comparison? Or even better before the induction kit (as some of them are known to be crap)

Soldato
heat maybe leading to knocking? mine knocks and its no swearing me off, need to get a cure. optimax helps but there is an issue

Soldato
I'll give a bit of background. Not crapping on your thread mate but I think it gives them a better perspective.It was a Honda Revs meet and EVERYONE was well down on expected figures.

Both S2000's achieved fly figures of around 213bhp (~240bhp stock and one had extensive Spoon modifications), A standard and well looked after VTI like mine (5DR 169bhp stock) achieved 158bhp. Mine achieved 174.6bhp (modified), and another mildly modified one achieved 162bhp.

Most cars were modified in one way or another but most failed to get even stock figures - EVEN stock cars. I think mine was one of the only to do so.

However, Skywalker's ATR was particularly low down for reasons unknown (should be pushing 210bhp stock)

I'll post my graph when I get in from work.

So is it a case of an under-reading dyno or a true down to the wire dyno?
The operator was very defensive of the machine and said few vehicles achieve stock power figures on his machine and that the machine could not be manipulated to be generous like the Sun and other Dyno's. He was adamant that his rollers were very near correct.

I just wonder, is it that too many rollers are reading high these days to get client satisfaction? or is this dyno a problem case?

I believe it was a Dyno Dynamics (Australia) RR if that helps.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Im running optimax, short ram , platinuim plugs and thats is it . Having a look at another ATR dyno sheet it seems to have the same lines as mine but the tourque and bhp are lower down the graph but same patteren - The guy was saying to me that the car is runny pony and dropping petrol like a turbo and then I asked if he had ever done an ATR and his reply was "nope" so that shows a nice little bit of knowledge . The guy said my car should be running very slow compaired to the 6.1 it should be running but I was passing the VTI's nicely to be fair so there is no doubt that its running fine in my eyes

I just personally think the results where all down on what they should have been , A few other results for you

EK9 - 160bhp - should be 185bhp
S2000 - 213bhp - should be 236bhp
S2000 with goodies - 218bhp - should be pushing 250

Soldato
the short ram is probably bringin in hot air, but deffo not enough to kill that much horsepower - my bets on the dyno monkies

Associate
OP
Hate said:
the short ram is probably bringin in hot air, but deffo not enough to kill that much horsepower - my bets on the dyno monkies

Had an ambient of 32 in there so not the best of conditions but as you say definatly not enough to warrent a drop of 30 odd bhp for me

Back
Top Bottom