Which CPU Cooler is best (under 50£) for Intel Core 2 DUO E6600

Soldato
Hi, im about to purchase a new rig with a Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 2.4ghz. Was wondering which CPU cooler you would suggest i get. Or when i purchase the CPU will a cooler come with it? Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
PESolution said:
Hi, im about to purchase a new rig with a Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 2.4ghz. Was wondering which CPU cooler you would suggest i get. Or when i purchase the CPU will a cooler come with it? Thanks in advance :)
Intel don't do OEM chips, so HSF should be included.

But from the thread's/etc I’ve been reading, supplied HSF is not very quiet & efficient (if overclocking). As replacement, the Scythe Ninja Plus Heatpipe CPU Cooler (Socket 478, 754, 939, 940, LGA755) (HS-003-SY) keeps on being mentioned/recommended/ordered/etc :D

Soldato
PESolution said:
thanks for the replies guys, the sycthe one looks cool, tht defs ok for conroe?
It's not a question of if it ok for Conroe, more of, will it fit your motherboard. It should do but sometimes capacitors etc get in the way of it fitting - but I believe Scythe's pretty much fit most mobo's/cases.

Associate
Big typhoon or the freezer 7 pro are the most popular choices around here. From the look of things though, it doesn't look as if the conroe's are super hot, but the freezer 7 pro is dirt cheap anyway!

Back
Top Bottom