ZOMG just ordered!!! :D

Soldato
Hey guys i just ordered my new rig, i hope everything will be compatible when it arrives!

Check it and please post what you think and what it can/cant run :):
yeyy.JPG

Associate
Looks good m8, roughly the same spec as i'll hopefully be getting next month once i sell loads of old records and cd's i've got here on Ebay :)

Suspended
fan_83 said:
errr may i know why did you get a 250gb adn then a 80gb harddisk ?

also isn't sata cables included with *** mobo's?

I thought that, 80GB pretty much waste of time. Should buy one or two 250GB or 320GB. I would go for the 320GB, can always add another later. You do get SATA cables with the motherboard, don't need those WD secure thingies. Just be careful inserting them, whenever you need to work in the case unplug them from motherboard and drive sides (can snap easily)

Associate
fan_83 said:
errr may i know why did you get a 250gb adn then a 80gb harddisk ?

also isn't sata cables included with *** mobo's?

I'm guessing he wants a separate drive for the OS. That's what I'm doing too, with a 36GB Raptor.

Soldato
OP
Im putting the OS and all major applications/games on the80gb. Then all media and other games that i dont play so often on the other.

As for the sata cables i duno reallyt i know u get them with the mobo i guess i jst got carried away and read the little message beath the HDD when i bought them that said 500times stronger than blah blah :) only 10£ anyway no big loss if i dont use them :p

oh and as for the dvd drive being black, i messed up there hehehe. I was originally getting a black case but i changed last minute to silver. However spray paint is your friend :)

Now im just hoping everything comes for friday, and mayybe even some thing tomoro.

Soldato
OP
oh a quick question for u guys. As some of the things i ordered where out of stock and pre-ordered (conroe) will ocuk wait for everything to be ready then mail all at once, or will they mail everything they can now, and the rest when it arrives?

Soldato
PESolution said:
oh and as for the dvd drive being black, i messed up there hehehe. I was originally getting a black case but i changed last minute to silver. However spray paint is your friend :)
Black drives on a silver case are not that bad, got one on mine :D

If you don't like it, recommend you get Lian Li C-01A Aluminium CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Bezel (Silver) (CA-008-LL) than trying to spray paint. Its not as easy as you make it sound & to do a good job of it you'll most likely have to void warranty on drive :)

Other than that - nice, sensible, etc rig spec! Hope you enjoy the build 'n' all :cool:

Soldato
OP
hp7909 said:
Black drives on a silver case are not that bad, got one on mine :D

If you don't like it, recommend you get Lian Li C-01A Aluminium CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Bezel (Silver) (CA-008-LL) than trying to spray paint. Its not as easy as you make it sound & to do a good job of it you'll most likely have to void warranty on drive :)

Other than that - nice, sensible, etc rig spec! Hope you enjoy the build 'n' all :cool:

oooo thanks for the link mate! your right that looks one hell of a lot easier ill do that :)

eeeee im like an excited schoolboy again just been reading reviews on all my components the x1900xt looks awesome :p

Back
Top Bottom