Best way to destroy a wasp's nest?

Soldato
Some wasps have moved in to the side of our house, and it's time for them to move on ;). Now in the past we've had various methods, although it's harder now as the nest is in an outer wall and has a very small entrance (it's in a gap in the brick work). In the past we've used a blow torch (but it's way to close to home for that), a hose pipe (same reason) a hoover (possible still) and some other methods such as powder.

Mustard won't work cause they'd just eat it, and they're are too many of them to punch in the ovaries ;).

Man of Honour
Kill it with fire.

Yes, I know. You could always get a pro to come do it. We've needed someone to come in twice now. Once at the old house about 20 years ago, once earlier this year (or maybe last year)

Soldato
get the wife to rattle the nest, luring the wasps out. While she plays with them in the garden smash the nest up. You get rid of the wasps, the wife and get movie rights, all in one go. :D

Generally I would say smoke or fire but if the location makes this too unsafe then I would get a pro in.

Soldato
Roduga said:
Dress up as a wasp and infiltrate their base. Work your way up the chain of command until you are in the top position, then order everyone to move.

LMFAO.

I say smoke them out, we had one almost next to our door, until dad got the hoover and suck them all in. But Smoke is the best way, or just get an expert in.

Soldato
Gilly said:
You can't call shotgun until in view of the vehicle :rolleyes:

Both you AND the driver have to be in view.

Stops people being spazzes and running on ahead! simple but effective shotgun rules.

anyway, get someone to do it out of the yellow pages or something.

I don't want a "I got stung 134783 times *56KB warning - Pictures*" thread tomorrow afternoon.

Rich

Soldato
Vita said:
LMFAO.

I say smoke them out, we had one almost next to our door, until dad got the hoover and suck them all in. But Smoke is the best way, or just get an expert in.

Was it a Dyson? That'd be awesome to watch, seeing the wasps spinning round and round inside that cyclone thing.

Associate
25_1223a12097.gif

'tis the best way ;)

Back
Top Bottom