psu died

Associate
Crap my psu has died on me today.PC not booting but fans are spinning very slowly and the psu is making wierd noises,also the LED lights inside psu are blinking on and off.

The psu is slightly less than 12 months old,so do i take it to the shop i bought it from,or deal with the manufacturer.I hope its the shop because i want a refund not a replacement,i have lost all faith in this psu.I have the receipt so i think i could get a refund or am i wrong.

Associate
OP
psu is a Hiper HPU-4B580 Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU,i wouldnt put a qtec any near my system,just hope it hasnt took anything with it.

Associate
rofl... i win zefan :p

subzero, the symptons are exactly the same as what happened to mine... i recently RMAed it and awaiting return. i had mine for 9 months, and then one day it made loud clicking noises, and i mean very loud, like a time-bomb ticking ready to blow everything inside the case. The small 80mm fan at the back stopped at one point when i turned the PC on, and had to restart it only to find out it was spinning very slow. The PSU im describing is the Hiper 580W Type-R.

I think your best bet is to take it to the shop, or depending which one would be easier to deal with, i took mine back to the shop rather than the manufacturer, and i believe a replacement is on its way.

Definately the PSU i reckon and probably not the RAM, might also want to check the voltages, but seeing as your PSU has died, you probably cant... :(

Associate
OP
Sorry to hear that, you happy with a replacement,because i want i refund so i can buy another model,once burnt twice shy.Did it do any damage to any of your other componants.

Associate
mine didn't actually fail, i spotted the problem early with the clicking noises and the speed of which the rear fan was spinning, discovering that was abnormal, and sent it back for RMA immediately, im awaiting the replacement right now as i couldn't get a refund... but i can't see myself using it, probably buy a new PSU to be honest, like you said, i don't think i will be using this PSU again. :)
I'm after a Seasonic S12 600W PSU now, more expensive but can safely say it will be more reliable, and quiet which is a bonus.

Associate
OP
thats the one i am buying Monday,oh well if i get a replacment i will just have to sell it on and cut my losses,just hope it hasnt took anything with it.

Associate
that's exactly what i might be doing... hopefully your situation can be resolved as soon as possible... for me not having a PC and using this laptop is a bit of a pain. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom