Conroe with AGP & DDR?

Soldato
Are there any Conroe-compatible motherboards out there that will take DDR memory and an AGP graphics card or am I going to have to change these components too?

Soldato
OP
Ta for the info. Basically I'm contemplating upgrading my media PC, the current spec of which is a P4 2.4, Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Radeon 9550 & 1GB PC3200

I'm looking at upgrading it to a dual-core CPU, probably an E6300 but don't really need any more memory or want to change the graphics card so I was thinking along the lines of a Conroe mobo that would take the old AGP card and DDR memory. Does this sound like a sensible way forward or is it a waste of time and I should wait a bit and do it all?

axe

axe

Suspended
Question About this Mobo ... Im Thinking of getting one but i have a Sata2 Hdd will it still work with Sata1 :confused: thnx

Soldato
OP
FirebarUK said:
Is your media PC struggling with stuff?
Not most of the time but it does jerk a bit now and then. Nothing too serious which is why I'm leaning towards the leave it alone and wait for HD before starting again option.

Soldato
Anyone know if the 775DUAL- VSTA will take a Conroe without a BIOS update, or if not, will it post and keeping working long enough for you to do a BIOS update through the command prompt? Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom