People who like underground bunkers etc

Permabanned
Recently a few of my friends and I have been spending time outside of the house helping an old lady tidy up her garden.

We had to dig loads of weeds out etc and we all decided it digging was good exercise.

So the next day we grabbed a metal dector and got driven to a nearby field, after asking the farmer if it was okay to dig he said "I dont care it's not my land hahaha" So where we started scanning was in quite a public place. anyway we found what could only be descirbed as a hatch. Due to it's public place we decided to come back at night and dig it out properly.

Which we did, the lid was rusted and crumbled under our shovels, Under the lid was a shaft a few foot down, We lowered one of our party down in to the shaft, it was flooded with 4/5ft water but he took some photos, There was only 1 room there with some tables and bunk beds. We decided to burry it again but the lid was shafted so we grabed a near by piece of plywood and wrote "4 8 15 16 23 42" on it and buried it.

The trouble with filling holes in is for some reason you loose all the soil you dug out, so we did a lousy job.

A week or so later we noticed someone else dug our bunker out, The main reason we burried it was because it's a serious health hazard, theres no ladder in to the room and it's quite a way to fall.

After some research we found it was a royal observe core nuclear fallout bunker http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/roc/index2.shtml
That site has a list of them all, Our's is listed as demolished.

anyway, the royal observe core disbanded in 1991.

Who do we write to tell them to come secure the bunker? The MOD or Warwickshire County Council?

Thanks.

Associate
iBot said:
Who do we write to tell them to come secure the bunker? The MOD or Warwickshire County Council?

Thanks.

The council and MOD would probably both be interested as they could be sued as i'd imagine its either their's or crown land. Best to your your own arse as the farmer might recall you asking for permission to dig but not notice whoever dug it up again after you reburied it

Soldato
roc20post2ba7.jpg

3 people..

Two beds..

Either someones sleeping on the floor.. or they are gettin cosy..

Associate
Locrian said:
What exactly did they do down there? Twiddle around waiting for the Nuclear war that never happened?

They were there to record distribution and levels of fallout at various parts of the country in the immediate aftermath of a nuclear attack and report to a central location.

The info was supposed to be broadcast over the BBC to survivors. They only had supplies for approx 3-4 weeks at most (by which time radiation would have fallen to near normal levels)

Associate
Can't really help on original question, but just want to 'wow'. That would be so cool. A similar sort of hatch exists near my house in Scotland, and I've always wanted to go down, but have never managed to move the hatch lid. Though after watching Lost, my curiosity may get the better of me! :p

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
There is one of those not too far from me - and it is intact! Would have been a grim job being in one of those at the time, thankfully they never had to!

You should drop an email to the guys at subbrit and tell them of your discovery :) They well advise you on what to do and will more than likely know exactly who to contact. I think the guy to email is Mr Fox - I vaguely remember being in correspondance with him over something similar in the past.

Back
Top Bottom