Defragging problem...

Permabanned
Hi, well Im using "Perfect Disk 7" and I left it to defrag last night however, I woke up and it was only at 3%...why is this? It was still moving out and optimising files so it never stopped, however 3% :confused:

It worked perfectly before I reformatted and re installed windows, however now VERY slow, used to do it in about 2-3 hours as its a 60gb drive.

Help apppreciated.

Permabanned
OP
chrislusty said:
I would try a disk check with fixing errors first then do your defrag, but it shouldnt take that long to do it.

Disk check with fixing errors? - What kind of program.

Also, in speedfan using the "S.M.A.R.T" tool, my fitness and performance is above 96% on each..

Permabanned
OP
*Sorry for double post*

Just done it, will try defragger.

Same problem, takes ages.....not budged from 1% after 15mins

Last edited:

Xee

Xee

Associate
You probably have corrupted files. At the bottom on the status bar it will tell you which files it is currently working on, then go view lookup file name from ID, that file is probably corrupt. You will probably have to delete them or format, or try move them if u can and then defrag. Might be totally wrong mind :p

Associate
Might be worth trying some 3rd-party defrag tool like Diskeeper or PerfectDisk, see if they can complete the defrag. You have to pay for them but you can get a trial which will be enough for you.

TrUz

Back
Top Bottom