Gaining knowledge ?

Associate
Hi there ppl as you may see im a newbie (guess we all are at one time)

aint thick and catch on pretty quick (use to be a member / Admin on many mobile forums).

Have built a computer before for our kid so i know how to assemble then.

I like to progress into comps overclocking etc. Have read many of the posts / stickys and threads on here since i joined a few days ago to start gaining a bit of knowledge on the world of computers and hopefully contribute as a member here.

Can you guys recommend any other sites to help me improve my knowledge.

Aint made of money so its not as if im gonna be able to ever purchase new technology and talk about it , reveiws etc.

Cheers

Marc

Soldato
Buy parts, tinker with them until they break. You'll learn more working with equipment than stickies, guides or forum posts will ever tell you.

Associate
Confucius said "Listen you forget. Repeat you remember. Do you understand".

Therefore my advice is to experiment with small things then gradually work up to the larger items. This way you're less likely to melt a CPU or graphics card or damage some other expensive component

Associate
OP
Tinker lol i was doing that last night (No Not That :D )

With my barton xp 2500+ running on stock fan (Yep Im Learning I said Stock) messing about in the bios to overclock it every time i got it to 190 x 11 it would constantly reboot and only way was to reset back to the original and reinstall xp. Wish id backed up my data before i started (Mental Note to myself back up).

But most of the components arent up to the job for overclocking it so didnt expect to much.

Soldato
Best place to get knowledge is on these very forums, as they provide up to the minute information on different things affecting the computing world. If you want a break from that all the other forums are great too. :)

Soldato
As above really. Read and post on these forums for information and advice. Might also be worth getting hold of a cheap old pc (Look on members market once you've been here long enough and have enough posts) to tinker with, without the fear of breaking it.

Back
Top Bottom